- $17.00 - $25.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
USAePay is looking for a Full-Time Bookkeeper to join our finance team. We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented person that can manage multiple accounts. You will need to be able to work independently as well as take direction with accuracy and efficiency.
Must have advanced Quickbooks experience
Our Bookkeeper is responsible of computing, classifying, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records. You will also be responsible to develop, interprets, and implements complex financial and accounting concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control, by performing the following duties.
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger.
- Reconciles and balances accounts.
- Compiles reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
- Calculates employee wages from records or time cards and prepares checks for payment of wages.
- Prepares withholding, Social Security, and other tax reports.
- Computes, types, and mails monthly statements to customers.
- Completes records to or through trial balance.
- Assist company accountant with:
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Compiles cost reports and revenue and balance sheets.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
* Health insurance (100% covered)
* Vision and Dental insurance
* Monthly catering
* Team bonding activities (i.e. bowling, LA Dodgers game outings, Go Karting) #LifeatUSAePay
* Growth Opportunity
Education and Experience:
Minimum of one year of related experience in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Intermediate level computer skills including Windows-based applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- 2-3 years experience using Quickbooks
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices.
- Knowledge of and skill in researching financial information.
- Skill in balancing/reconciling financial information.
- Skill in using database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Skill in numeric data entry.
- Skill in working with a wide variety of internal, external, technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues in a team setting.