- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Socalo is a growing company with a small, tight knit group of dedicated individuals that are passionate about food, beverage, and service. We are looking for a dedicated, organized pantry cook who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. Due to staffing needs, the pantry cook is expected to work weekends, nights, and holidays. Above all, the pantry cook will conduct themselves in a way reflecting the culture and philosophy of Socalo.
We are looking for an efficient and diligent prep cook to join our kitchen team at Socalo. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced culinary environment and as a part of a team. You will be expected to complete routine prep tasks such as setting up workstations and preparing food for a day of service. Adhering to food safety rules and regulations is a must.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Proven experience as a prep cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset