- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Earn $14-$18 per hour!
Cook is responsible for serving our guests, our team and Not Your Average Joe’s with unparalleled hospitality to create unforgettable guest and team member experiences every day!
- Understands our Guest-Obsessed culture and does whatever it takes to create a positive and memorable guest experience
- Follows company policy in handling guest allergies/intolerances, ensuring our guests receive ‘safe’ meals
- Sets up station with food products and utensils and turns on equipment to ensure the station is ready for production.
- Prepares raw ingredients, adhering to all recipes, for use on the line and for use in food prep recipes.
- Uses proper portioning techniques and recipe procedures to create prepared food products.
- Reads tickets and/or listens to what dishes are called to determine what/when items need to be prepared
- Checks and adjusts temperature of equipment to ensure food is cooked and stored at the proper temperature.
- Cleans station floors, counters, tools, cutting boards, and preparation surfaces using the proper cleaning solutions to ensure station is clean and sanitized at all times.
- Assists other team members by answering questions and helping out as needed to aid in the service of guests.
- Arrives to work on time, well-groomed and in the proper work attire, and ready to work.
- Ability to understand and follow direction from others.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to read recipes and memorize and replicate food production procedures.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs. to waist level.
- Ability to remain standing and active for an 8-12 hour shift.
- Ability to hear, understand, and respond to employees’ and guests’ requests in a loud environment.
Restaurants aren't meant to be average! Stephen Silverstein opened the first Not Your Average Joe’s in pursuit of the uncommon. In 1994, he worked to give his hometown of Dartmouth, Massachusetts a unique neighborhood place with great food and better company.
Today, we have 23 restaurants spread throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland. We’re building incredible spaces with every nail, and striving to be better with every opening. In doing this, we’ve created a culture where our people are our foundation – making the sky the limit where we go next.