Talavera Coral Gables is currently seeking enthusiastic, team oriented individuals who share our passion for hospitality. This restaurant is located in Miami, FL, in the area of Coral Gables, 33134.
Qualified candidate for Host / Hostess welcome patrons, seats patrons at tables, and helps ensure quality of facilities and service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Answers telephone calls and responds to inquiries in a polite, cordial and efficient manner.
* Directs complaints to the appropriate supervisor in the event he/she is unable to resolve it.
* Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
* Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
* Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
* Maintain contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
* Inform patrons of establishment specialties and features.
* Prepares beverages and expedites food orders.
* Represents Talavera Restaurant at all times, as such, good customer service is essential to the successful performance of the individual's job duties.
* Must be able to work weekends.
* Schedules: Morning shift (12 PM to 5 or 6 PM) Night Shift (5 or 6 PM to 11 or 11:30 PM)
* Other job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified individuals must be able to regularly require standing and walking. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with numerous distractions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED): or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Service experiences in Restaurant and/or Hotel environment a plus.
The history of Jaguar Hospitality Group begins in Miami with the opening of Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar and Latam Grill, an inspired concept and realized dream for partners Lalo Durazo, Sergio Durazo, and Oscar del Rivero. Upon arrival to Miami, the Durazos saw the need for a restaurant that offered not only an enticing and unique selection of ceviches, but also showcased the many flavors enjoyed throughout Latin America. This was the idea behind the 2005 debut of Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar and Latam Grill. A favorite among locals and a must-do for visitors, Jaguar Ceviche is now a staple of Miami’s flourishing Latin American scene.Following the success of Jaguar Ceviche, the group longed to pay tribute to their Mexican roots, and debuted Talavera Cocina Mexicana in 2009. An inviting and sophisticated concept in the heart of Miami’s Coral Gables, Talavera has an expansive menu inspired by old and new world Mexico, and is often regarded as South Florida’s premiere destination for authentic Mexican cuisine.Peacock Garden Café, the group’s third independent concept, debuted in Coconut Grove in 2011. The charming neighborhood favorite is Jaguar Hospitality Group’s gift back to their beloved neighborhood, paying tribute to the area’s rich and storied past in its concept and cuisine. A vast menu of fresh, garden-inspired fare was inspired by South Florida’s rich farmlands, while the restaurant’s design and décor honors the area’s early pioneers through a curated collection of historical photographs and renderings.The recipe for the success of Jaguar Hospitality Group is a simple one – pair the highest quality ingredients and unforgettable flavors with an inviting setting, approachable prices and personal, friendly service. As they continue to grow, the focus for Jaguar Hospitality Group will always be on the people – those who are a part of a now 200-person team, and those in the communities they are honored to serve.
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.