PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/GENERAL CASHIER
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Pali-Group Management is currently seeking an Accounts Payable/General Cashier to assist in the day-to-day financial activities and reporting in a boutique hotel environment.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
An experienced hotel finance professional whose preferred style is hands-on and involved with the key management team members, an individual with a strong financial background looking for leadership experience with quick growth and development, an independent and self-driven individual that looks to make the accounting function fun and dynamic!
The Accounts Payable/General Cashier is responsible for the overall maintenance of the hotel’s accounts payable and general cashier functions. Enforce the hotel’s purchasing & cash policies and procedures. Ensure that all hotel obligations are processed in a timely manner. All duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and approval is received for invoices and check requests.
- Enter invoices, expense reports and check requests into accounting system for preparation of check runs or process of payment electronically
- Process Travel Agent checks and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments and vendor information are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies with vendors and/or department heads
- Assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Perform day to day management of all payment cycle activities
- Prepare weekly bank deposits following company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, emphasis in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Minimum 2 years Accounting/Finance experience at a full-service hotel, preferably in a boutique or luxury environment. Prior hotel operations experience preferred.
- Prior experience using M3 Accounting software, Opera and Micros.
- Must display ability to work with complex spreadsheets and formulas.
- Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work independently and display appropriate urgency for task completion.
We are an EEOE Employer.
PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Paligroup's portfolio of boutique hotels provides guests with a distinctive lodging experience. Each of Paligroup’s branded properties has a distinct personality specifically tailored to reflect the local market environment and features a modern, sophisticated design that includes critically acclaimed public spaces, popular “destination” bars and restaurants and personalized service. Significant media attention has been devoted to Paligroup properties, which we believe is the result of their distinctive nature, renowned design, dynamic and exciting atmosphere, celebrity guests and high-profile events. Paligroup further believes that its brands are synonymous with neighborhood authenticity, style, innovation and success. We are convinced that this combination of place-making, lodging and social experiences, and general association with our founder and brands, increases occupancy levels, food and beverage performance, market share and overall pricing power.
Paligroup currently operates 3 hotels in Los Angeles:
- Palihouse West Hollywood
- Palihouse Santa Monica
- Palihotel Melrose