- $14.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
The role of the Catering Specialist includes dynamic participation in the running of Qdoba Mexican Eats’ catering processes both within the corporate office and within our 58+ (and counting) restaurants.
The Catering Specialist is instrumental in helping our guests understand our catering menu and plan events.
The Catering Specialist also manages the catering process from order placement to follow up—they are responsible for scheduling caterers, coordinating efforts with our restaurants and troubleshooting difficult situations.
Above all, the Catering Specialist must ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient service to customers and team members.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a strong interest in helping grow catering sales through their interaction with new and repeat customers.
- Provide accurate menu and pricing information to potential guests and take orders via phone.
- Must understand dietary restrictions and proper food handling techniques. Must anticipate and understand needs of guest and make recommendations based on demographic.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Schedule caterer for delivery based on group size, event time and caterer availability. Maintain accurate and organized delivery schedule.
- Transmit accurate and complete order information to our restaurants in a timely manner.
- Resolve guest issues as they occur by thinking and acting quickly. Must be able to understand the issue and its impact and understand what steps can be taken to rectify the situation.
- Follow up with catering customers after their event to ensure a satisfying customer experience.
- Perform outreach to potential new and repeat customers to increase sales.
- Must possess a guest-focused attitude 100% of the time.
- Must be able to multi-task at an extremely rapid pace while maintaining a high accuracy rate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities.
- Extremely attentive to detail.
- Desire to take ownership of and increase weekly catering sales.
- Ability to work 8 am-5 pm, Monday - Friday & rotating weekends (approx. 1/month).
- Previous restaurant experience strongly preferred.