- $25.00 - $35.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing (DON), the Speech Therapist provides speech-language therapy to residents/patients who require speech language therapy to work to prevent, assess, diagnose and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders. The Speech Therapist plans, conducts, and evaluates the treatment program for individuals with disorders in the comprehension and production of speech and language, as set forth by the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association. This role will perform a variety of duties to include diagnosing, monitoring, planning, and coordinating with residents and their doctors for speech therapy plans and schedules. There is latitude for independent decision making. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
The Speech Therapist must have a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures used in skilled nursing facility and possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to understand written and oral instructions. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, outside vendors, and clients. Must possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Provides treatment as ordered by the attending physician. Evaluates patient’s speech and language abilities, both defects and assets, and evaluates the patient’s level of function. Plans and provides rehabilitative services for speech and language disorders. Assists in developing and updating the plan of treatment. Provides assessment and treatment of cognitive and swallowing disorders.
- Assists the physician in evaluating the patient’s level of function. Evaluates and establishes goals based on the patient’s current level of functioning and potential improvement. Assists in developing and updating the plan of treatment.
- Guides and instructs speech disorders, language disorders, social communication disorders, and cognitive-communication disorders that are directed toward improving patient/resident speech.
- Observes, records, and reports to the physician the patient’s reaction to the speech therapy program or any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Advises, consults, and instructs patients in the use of speech therapy tools and exercises. Instructs, teaches, and supervises other health care team personnel in the case of patients regarding speech therapy.
- Adheres to all applicable federal, state, local and company maintained standards of care and ethics and policies concerned with the practice of speech therapy.
- Participates in staff development activities. Participates in in-service education.
- Demonstrates evidence of continuing education conducted for in-service sessions.
- Meets productivity and utilization expectations as established by Glencroft.
- Completes timely clinical documentation to include functional goal setting, progress and therapeutic approach.
- Completes administrative/billing documentation for payment processing in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.