Full time Supervisor and Baristas - Beverly Center
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Now hiring for our Beverly Center location:
One full time supervisor, one full time barista, two part time baristas
We’re a brazen group of 3rd wave coffee aficionados and foodies that are looking for like minded folks to join our ranks. The ideal barista is a tastemaker that is in love with coffee, food, and creating amazing experiences for our thirsty patrons. They also carry a high level of situational awareness, a meaningful ability to connect with people, and a fearless desire to be ever learning and improving. Previous experience in coffee and food is not necessary, yet a desire to learn and serve people are.
Operating at a high level of LAMILL’s Barista Expectations
Facilitating a positive, productive, and healthy work environment
Assuring LAMILL standards and procedures are being executed
Responsible for floor training and mentoring new hires
Reinforcing and complimenting official LAMILL barista training with new hires
Ensuring espresso is properly dialed in at all times
Ensuring cold brew, nitro brew, iced tea, single origins, milk teas, and any other beverage or food items are tasting as expected.
Maintaining work space cleanliness: wiping down and polishing espresso machine, grinders, SP-9’s, water towers, sink area, inside area of glass dividers, inside are of display case windows, counters, retail shelves, tea dispensers, sugar and tea containers, floors. The level of cleanliness is expected to be extraordinary.
Walking around to the customer area and ensuring an impeccable cleanliness in all areas: floors, tables, glass dividers, display case windows, counters, condiment areas, water tower, and anything else that can use a cleaning or polishing. The level of cleanliness is expected to be extraordinary.
Making sure baristas are keeping the bar wiped down and polished.
Immediately communicates with manager about repairs that are necessary
Delegating and covering breaks for employees
Ensuring smooth transition in between shifts and making sure the baristas on duty have set up the next shift for success by having the equipment dialed in, replenished supplies, and ensured a clean and polished bar/workspace
Responsible for signing and accurately receiving deliveries with correct quantities received on invoicing.
Ensures milk deliveries are properly received and stocked away according to exp dates.
Communicating with management about items that need to be ordered
Facilitating customer complaints by making sure the customer leaves satisfied
- You will relentlessly deliver hospitality to our guests and your fellow staff members
- Consistently delivering a quality product governed by LAMILL’s quality standards and procedures which include: Dialing in espresso, pour overs, grinders, and batch drip
- Stay knowledgeable about LAMILL’s current coffee offerings through tastings, cuppings and information provided to you by your Lead Barista, and or LAMILL Retail Manager
- Drink your and others’ coffee and espresso drinks regularly to ensure quality, uphold our standards, and keep developing your coffee palate
- Maintaining a clean and polished work environment - cleaning, wiping, dusting, polishing, organizing condiment station, and taking out trash
- Successfully understanding and serving our customers whereby creating amazing guest experiences
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- At least 1 year of relevant experience working with coffee
- Searching for at least 1 year of employment
- Passionate about coffee, food and creating amazing guest experiences
- A professional - you are serious about your work but don’t take yourself too seriously
- Reliable and consistent - your manager and teammates can always depend on you to bring your A game in quality, customer service, and teamwork.
- Obsessed with the details and driven by quality! You love honing your craft and understand each cup of coffee and each plate of delicious food for its individual potential
- Dedicated to your team and your guests - you understand and value empathy and use it to guide interactions on and off the job
- Eligible to work in the United States and 18 years of age or older