Operations Training Manager -Retail
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Retail Operations Training Manager for Diane's Beachwear 14 locations in California and Arizona - Corporate office in Torrance, California
The Operations Training Manager is able to recruit, hire, train and oversee store managers and staff for optimal sales and loss prevention. They are focused on our Customer Service and are able to train by example on the selling floor.
This role is dynamic, strategic and is a motivator of the sales executives and store staff. They will spend most of their time in our locations, not in the office. They will be a high level Manager who has a strong grasp of Diane's customer service policy. The ideal candidate will be able to manage the day-to-day workings of the business, with an eye on long-term strategy and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with store management to establish and maintain Diane’s impeccable brand image regarding client management and development through the execution of Diane’s “ALOHA customer service.”
- Shares annual and monthly business objectives with store management and assures follow-up, proposing and implementing sales plans in order to increase sales.
- Fosters a synergistic environment among stores in order to best serve the client (sharing clients, team selling, etc.)
Store and Team Focused
- Guarantees the continuous engagement and high motivation of the store team through an active presence in stores.
- Defines and implements succession planning throughout the region, in tandem with store management and human resources, utilizing individual development plans to set clear expectations, and achieve specific, measurable results.
- Holds store management/teams accountable for results, and sets the expectation that management will drive the business, and take action inside and outside of their four walls to achieve goals.
- Mentors and supports all corporate training initiatives. Provides feedback to corporate team.
- Works with store management and human resources to adequately staff stores in order to meet the needs of all clients, including during peak periods such as holidays.
- Develops a collaborative store network, ensuring ongoing and constant dialogue among the store teams and critical corporate partners (visual merchandising, buying, human resources, etc.)
- Manages the salary and performance review processes for the region in strong collaboration with human resources.
- Guarantees that all employment policies and procedures are adhered to, ensuring that any state/locality-specific legislation is followed in regards to employee relations, health and safety, and hiring practices.
- Coaches and mentors team to achieve positive results from the “Secret Shop” program.
Client Relationship Management
- Increases the number of loyal “best” customers, by building our customer books, systematically monitoring and analyzing customer profile (spending habits, frequency of purchase, product categories, etc.), and proposing promotions and games to increase loyalty.
- Proposes opportunities regarding in-store activities and events for the region in line with the Diane's brand image, coordinating with corporate functions, in order to best serve the local client.
- Empowers the store management team in the region to partner with local organizations in order to leverage resources, and build customer database and loyalty.
Skills and Abilities required:
- Previous experience in a multi-unit store environment within a luxury brand.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
- Ability to work independently to drive results.
- Agility to work within a structure, but able to be creative and implement “out-of-the-box” strategies to creatively build the business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of building, and leading teams to achieve sales and customer service goals. Personally driven by developing leadership and sales organizations.
- Strong business acumen.
- Knowledge and understanding of retail store operations, open-to-buy, stock management and loss prevention, sales, assortment planning, and expense control.
- Passion and high motivation for luxury brands and Diane's Beachwear.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of luxury industry.
- Ability to travel 90% of the time.
Who we are as a company:
Our company is the first in the beachwear industry to offer the ability to mix sizes in all swimwear tops and bottoms. We have maintained a leading position in the region by offering the largest selection of mix and match separates. By offering a complete beachwear wardrobe all year around, our customer knows she never has to look elsewhere. We provide one stop shopping for all their beachwear needs. As the premier beachwear store in the western United States we have 14 retail locations.
- Salary depends on position and experience.
- Medical and Dental
- Great Employee Discount
- Opportunities to grow in company