Accounts Payable Supervisor
- $50K - $70K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This position is responsible for completing, directing, monitoring, and supporting all accounts payable related transactions. This position reports to the Director of Accounting and oversees the performance of the Accounts Payable Specialists (currently a staff of eight).
- Responsible for recruitment, orientation, training, coaching and performance of all Accounts Payable personnel
- Determines work procedures, sets priorities, prepares work schedules, assigns AP Specialists and AP teams to each client, and expedites accounts payable workflow within the Accounts payable department
- Oversees inquiries, including but not limited to: clarifying when an invoice will get paid, how to properly code an invoice, and why an invoice was paid incorrectly if applicable
- Sets up, maintains, and terminates all client accounts in Bill.com
- Responsible for establishing training procedures, development metrics, and best practices to streamline efficiencies within the accounts payable process and within the Accounts Payable department
- Handles escalated client or vendor questions or concerns. Also handles all internal performance matters that require escalation with regards to the Accounts Payable department
- Performs final review of clearing and aging account reconciliation after AP Specialist has completed the initial review on a monthly basis
- Oversees the production of 1099s for all clients to meet federal mailing and filing deadlines
- Handles all new client AP implementations including training sessions with the client and the AP team
- All Accounts Payable Specialist duties
- Conducts regular weekly meetings with AP staff to facilitate communication between staff members and disseminate additional training and guidance on best practices
- Communicates with clients and vendors and management team regularly
- Works on special projects as assigned by Director of Accounting, Director of Operations or Owner
- Ability to lead and direct the work of subordinates
- Ability to work collaboratively with both clients and teammates
- Experience with establishing new controls, process improvement and building teams
- Advanced ability to manage projects and assignments with extreme accuracy and efficiency; detail oriented
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical, math, problem-solving, and management skills
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting principles/practices as they relate to accounts payable procedures
- Strong technical aptitude in automated accounting systems as well as databases and reporting tools
- Proficient with spreadsheet, database and word processing applications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of two years progressive accounts payable experience in a full cycle, multi-client or similar environment required.
Mise En Place Restaurant Services, Inc. provides full service accounting, financial advisory and consulting services to restaurants in Southern California. We know that all good chefs are adamant about mise en place in the kitchen and our goal at MEPRS is to help restaurants build more profitable businesses by maintaining order with their accounting systems, back office procedures and overall reporting. Using some of the newest accounting software available Mise En Place provides analytical and procedural tools available in the cloud to allow owners and operators the ability to manage and approve back office procedures remotely. MEPRS doesn’t only focus on streamlined reporting but streamlined processes for the restaurant as well. We offer different levels of service and reporting to meet the needs of the fledgling start-up restaurateur and also the needs of the most sophisticated operators in the industry.
Our services range from affordable, basic accounting and reporting services to premium services which include basic reporting but also provide budgets, benchmarking statistics and monthly advisory meetings. We also provide consulting services to restaurants with those services ranging from preparation of financial projections for business plans to operational reviews and menu pricing to business valuations.
Founded in early 2012 by Elissa Phillips, former Vice President at Vine Solutions, Mise En Place Restaurant Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing restaurants with relevant and useful information so that owners and management can effectively run the day to day operations.