- $13.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
A qualified Line Cook is a person who has solid experience in prepping and preparing a diverse menu of food items. You will work pizza, salad, fry and grill stations in our kitchen. He/she is also responsible for cleaning and maintaining the station in practicing good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills. A Line Cook is working as a team member in a dynamic workplace, and to follow all the safety procedures, and must have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Line Cook's responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares all the food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- He/she also follows recipes, controls, portion, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- A Line Cook also assumes 100% responsibility for quality of the products that is served.
- He/she is also responsible for performing other related duties as assigned by the manager.
- Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes is also done by a Line Cook.
- He/she is also tasked to track and report any food waste.
- A Line Cook must also handle, store and rotate all the products properly.
- All Line Cooks are assigned to prepare dishes for costumers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Ensure that all practices are health-code compliant and address any and all issues; communicate immediately to KM and/or GM
- Collaborate with KM regarding cleaning and repair/maintenance issues
- Demonstrate a positive, consistent supervisory style
- Other projects and tasks deemed necessary by Management/Ownership
- A minimum of two to three years culinary/line cook experience in a full service restaurant that consists of dine-in, take-out and catering orders
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Current ServeSafe Certification (preferred) or other accredited Food Handler Certification
- Very good communication skills: Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- As with any kitchen environment, the ability to work varied hours in a fast-paced and high energy is essential.
- Extremely organized and can pay extremely close attention to detail
- Highly energetic, self-motivated, goal oriented and dependable
- High personal integrity, professionalism and maturity; lead by example, take accountability and achieve desired results
- Passionate commitment to food quality and guest service
- Conscientious attention to detail and follow-up
- Work effectively with the entire management team
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 8-10 hours each shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, and raise arms above head
Giggles N' Hugs is the first and only restaurant that brings together high-end, healthy and organic food with active, cutting-edge play and entertainment for children. Every Giggles N' Hugs location offers an upscale, family-friendly atmosphere with a dedicated play area that children 10 and younger absolutely love. We feature high-quality food made from fresh and local foods, nightly entertainment such as magic shows, concerts, puppet shows and face painting, and hugely popular party packages for families that want to do something special.
- Voted the #1 birthday party place in Los Angeles by Nickelodeon
- Voted "Best Pizza in Los Angeles" by Nickelodeon
- Listed best family & kid-friendly restaurants by CitySearch and GoCityKids
Our culture is all about great guest service, fun and smiles! We are a team/family oriented workplace where respect, communication, honesty and kindness prevail.
Learn more about our concept and philosophies by visiting our website at www.gigglesnhugs.com. We are poised for rapid expansion nationally and internationally, so there will be opportunity to grow your career with us!