PALIGROUP | DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
******Hospitality Background Required*******
Paligroup is currently seeking an experienced Director of Finance.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Assess property specific performance against both the annual budgets and long-term strategies.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Company’s management team and make actionable recommendations on Company as well as property specific operations.
- Develop and implement accounting and financial reporting procedures and protocols.
- Assist in establishing property specific and Company objectives, selecting and engaging Company approved third party consultants (tax advisors, insurance advisors, auditors, investment advisors, etc.) as necessary.
- Oversee short and long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with property strategic plans, especially as the organization considers infrastructure growth, acquisitions, and strategic collaborations with external partners.
- Serve as a member of executive leadership team.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic Company initiatives and property specific operating models and execution strategies.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports, monthly profit and loss forecast by (vs. budget).
- Complete analysis of financial results; develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new properties, asset acquisition, new service launches, etc.).
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis reports.
- Oversee corporate cash flow planning and advise on availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
Planning, Policy, and Investor Relations:
- Participate in Company policy development.
- Engage the Company’s management team to develop short, medium, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Represent the Company to ownership groups, financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
Accounting and Administration:
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Continuously develop, mentor and direct the accounting team; managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation.
- Guide larger, cross-property accounting teams outside of direct span of control within the Company.
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end property specific and Company financial statements.
- Review all property specific and Company month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems as appropriate.
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors.
- Oversee Company cash management; approve weekly payables; execute check signing
- Oversee AR management and provide support to collections activities
We are an EEOE Employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its CEO.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.