- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Bistro Jolie seeks passionate individuals for the position of Lead Bartender in a fun and fast paced work environment. Job responsibilities include: greet and guide guests, mix and serve drinks, accept and serve food orders, and maintain the cleanliness of the bar. Supervise day-to-day bar operations including, but not limited to, bar product preparation, bartending, inventory, ordering, receiving, training, cocktail creation, and cost control.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both with guests and team members
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Sufficient food, menu and service knowledge Ability to learn new food and menu items
- Ability to maintain a clean working environment
- Work as a team with all Paradiso's personnel to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Paradiso's standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with Bistro Jolie's standards.
- Be attentive! Offer assistance before the guest has to ask for it.
- Count drinks guests are served.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Anticipate your guest's needs. Follow the half-full rule when offering another drink. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, making eye contact, etc.), and acknowledge the guest to let them know the bartender will be right with them.
- Learn guests' names, occupations and favorite drinks. This will make Paradiso a special place for them.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the bartender does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Required Education and Experience
- 3+ years bartending experience
- Advanced knowledge of beers, spirits and wines
- Sufficient knowledge and execution of classic cocktails
- Ability to create and develop craft cocktails
- High school diploma or GED
Advanced knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and expertise in standard drink recipes and history.
CONJURING UP LIFE ON THE CÔTE D’AZUR.
NODS TO PROVENCE, BASQUE COUNTRY, AND CLASSIC FRENCH BISTRO
INTERPRETED THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PRODUCT AND LOS ANGELES SAVIOR FAIRE.