- $60K - $80K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Din Tai Fung is a restaurant group with over 150 locations worldwide. We are looking for a RESTAURANT MANAGER to lead our first San Diego location at Westfield UTC in La Jolla.
Front of House Managers manage the restaurant on a day to day basis. Their focus is on the operation, which consists of managing the brand, ensuring service meets the brand, managing inventories, controlling costs as it relates to product and labor to ensure budgets are met.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience or education
- Manager’s Food Handler’s Card
- Managers are required to be able to work any day of the week with flexible working hours, including early morning and late-night shifts. Schedule may vary based on business demands.
- Managers are required to work a minimum of 5 days per week and 10 hours per day
- Ability to efficiently operate in Microsoft Office Suite and Email
- Positive and professional attitude
- Extraordinary customer service skills
- Strong communication and ability to work cohesively with all levels of management, all departments, and all co-workers in a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times:
- Regarding all propriety information, including but not limited to sales and labor metrics, financials, recipes, and Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”).
- Regarding all employee-related issues
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision, attention to detail and speed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attend all management meetings (daily camera meetings, weekly meetings, etc.)
- Ensure restaurant is staffed and set up for business, ensuring not to exceed the labor budget and posting the schedule 10 days in advance of the start of the schedule week
- Ensure all company checklists are completed according to the assigned schedules (opening checklist, closing checklist, temperature checklist, etc.)
- Ensure restaurant is clean, organized, and meets Din Tai Fung’s standards of excellence
- Interview, hire and train staff so that all employees meet Din Tai Fung standards
- Communicate effectively with staff to reduce turnover and ensure high standards through positive feedback, coaching and counseling, and discipline.
- Develop and maintain a professional working environment for staff
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in compliance with company and government regulations
- Ensure that all company SOP’s are followed
- Ensure that the restaurant is compliant with licensing, health and safety requirements
- Successfully achieve budgeted sales and profit
- Count inventory and control waste
- Manage cash handling procedures and ensure deposits are prepared according to the SOP
- Ability to work all stations (both Front of House and Back of House positions) if needed
- Provide exemplary customer service to guests and handle guest complaints graciously
- All other duties required to successfully operate the restaurant
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Din Tai Fung is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Din Tai Fung was founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1958 as a cooking oil retail shop. In 1972, it transitioned into a full fledged restaurant specializing in soup dumplings and noodles. The restaurant was soon winning rave reviews from all over the world. The tradition of Din Tai Fung continues today in its locations in the United States, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, and Thailand.