Tao Group New York, NY
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Overview: The Host warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival. Manages the efficient and timely seating of our guests.
- Interacts with the restaurant guests, fellow staff members, and supervisors in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner to ensure all guests have an exemplary dining experience.
- Actively takes and processes reservations.
- Answers incoming calls and questions.
- Assists in coordinating the activities of dining room employees to provide fast and friendly service to guests.
- Uses the computerized reservation system to take reservations.
- Accepts all hotel/concierge reservations and confirm with managers if large parties can be accommodated.
- Assigns seating and helps coordinate activities of dining room employees to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
- Escorts guests to tables and guest areas.
- Provides guests with food and beverage menus.
- Acknowledges guests upon arrival and departure with a smile.
- Advises manager of any complaints that a guest may have.
- Enters all no shows, cancellations and reservations taken by hand into the computer.
- Cleans and stocks postcard display at payphones.
- Collects, cleans, and organizes menus throughout shift and at the end of shift.
- 2+ years of hosting or customer service experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional presentation.