- $15.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Prepare dining room for shift by ensuring tables are clean with glasses, napkins, and utensils.
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation & food safety policies
- Help patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails; suggesting menu items with explanations; answering food preparation questions
- Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items, etc.
- Transmit orders to kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs, allergies, and special requests
- Obtain revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to guests; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide welcoming phone greeting and following Guest ordering procedures
- Convey menu information over the phone to Guests and give accurate estimate of delivery time
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor
- Fill in for absent staff as needed
- Assist with special events as needed
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Promptly address customer service issues and refer customers to management when necessary
- Barista duties
- Packing Take-out and Delivery orders
- Responsible for closing register and POS transactions for other servers, as needed
- 1-2 years of previous serving experience required
- Barista experience with latte art experience
- Excellent oral communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required
- Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English
- Food Handlers Card Certification a plus
- Good telephone speaking and listening ability
Server top skills & proficiencies:
- Knowledge of Food Service Regulations
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Basic Math
- Customer Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Energy Level
- Selling to Customers Needs
- Client Relationships
Modern Bread and Bagel
Brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
We do as much as we can in house, squeezing our own juice, blending our own teas, churning our own butter, and even making our own cereal! Our breads include a Goat Cheese & Onion Focaccia, a Lentil Pugliese, and a Seeded Multigrain that can be topped with smashed avo, labneh, homemade hummus and more. Full-time baristas craft a variety of tea lattes and espresso drinks with coffee from Australian owned Grumpy Roasters in Brooklyn. Our pastries are also made on site and serve as the foundation for yummy dine-in dishes like our Cinnamon Babka French Toast topped with Caramelized Apples.
We are confident you will appreciate our commitment to artisan production methods and hope that you will visit soon to dine with us or take advantage of our excellent take home options.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.