Customer Service Associate
- $13.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Birdwell Beach Britches is looking for a full-time Customer Service Associate to join our customer service team. Success requires an enthusiastic understanding of our customers, our product, our brand, and our technology platform capabilities and results in increased customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
The Customer Service Associate is responsible for completing the full range of customer service tasks including support via chat, email, and telephone. The role is also responsible for building and implementing customer service initiatives, defining and optimizing our customer service approach, and maintaining a high level of customer engagement and satisfaction.
The right candidate will have a strong customer service background, proven ability to prioritize and delegate, and a passion for working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Partner with leadership and team members to drive customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
- Directly accountable for customer satisfaction across all customer service channels including but not limited to: chat, email, telephone, and social media.
- Develop and execute customer service initiatives to increase customer satisfaction and revenue.
- Establish a company-wide culture of customer success and customer feedback loop.
- Routinely audit the Birdwell website to ensure that content is up-to-date and accurate.
- Reports directly to the Head of Retail & Wholesale Operations.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a deep understanding of customer service, a strong empathy for customer advocacy, and a passion for growth.
- 3+ years of customer service experience.
- Familiar with E-commerce channels including but not limited to Shopify, Amazon, etc.
- Familiar with social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Familiarity with Zendesk strongly preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office, including a basic understanding of MS Excel.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally, especially with production and warehouse teams.
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well organized and resilient to ever-changing timelines requests, and deliverables.
- Must effectively provide and receive excellent constructive criticism, enjoying all aspects of the customer service process.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement.
Founded in 1961 and based in Santa Ana, California, Birdwell Beach Britches was one of the first businesses specializing in surf apparel. We are a company built on a 55-year dedication to craft, purpose, and quality. Our mission is to continue Birdwell’s Southern California tradition making purpose-built apparel and accessories, designed for life at the beach and built by hand to endure no matter where the journey leads. We believe inspiring people to buy less stuff, by buying better stuff is a noble pursuit.
- Be part of a lean, agile, and motivated team bringing an iconic brand with a 55-year legacy in the surf apparel industry into the digital age.
- Work with some of the best minds in digital marketing, design, and apparel manufacturing.
- Driven company culture focused on maintaining the balance between professional performance and personally pursuing a life well lived.
- Competitive comp, semi-annual performance bonuses, and potential profit sharing opportunity.
- 80 hours PTO + 8 paid holidays. Flexible hours that allow for a daily surf.
- Daily snacks and monthly happy hours.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.