Bar Prep (Bar Porter)
TAO Group Los Angeles, CA
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Bar Prep (Bar Porter) - Restaurant
Overview: The Bar Prep (Bar Porter) stocks the bar with ice, garnishes, and glassware.
- Cuts all fruit and other prep work before the beginning of service.
- Sets up the bars with garnishes, ice, etc before the beginning of service.
- Washes and polishes glasses to ensure bars are fully stocked
- Completes all side work at the beginning and closing of each shift.
- Mops floors as necessary to ensure a clean, safe work area.
- Ensures the cleanliness and organization of the working area.
- Makes sure no personal items are kept behind the bar.
- Ensures the bar is always neatly organized.
- Ensures the bar and prep area have a high standard of cleanliness and follows the cleaning schedule.
- Empties the trash from behind the bar and disposes of it correctly with all boxes broken down.
- Makes sure all back of house storage and refrigeration areas are kept clean and secure.
- Attends and participates in any training sessions, and department meetings.
- Ensures that all perishables behind the bar are fresh and tasted to ensure quality.
- Arrives for each shift with a positive attitude and checks in with the department manager.
- Contributes to the morale of the team and treats all fellow employees with respect.
- Reports all breakages or damaged equipment immediately to management.
- Ensures that there is little or no waste.
- Makes sure the work area is always stocked accordingly with supplies and tools.
- Reports low levels of stock to bar manager, barbacks before they run out.
- Previous hospitality experience preferred.