Cost Control Assistant
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Dental Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The cost controller oversees cost management for the entire company. In this role, you will work collaboratively with various department managers to analyze costs, assess vendor relationships, and maximize profitability. To succeed in this position, you will demonstrate an aptitude for efficiency, problem-solving, and resourcefulness, with a deep commitment to the bottom line without compromising quality.
- Work in conjunction with all department heads to ensure maximum profitability
- Provide a critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections
- Assess all incoming products, resources, and services to ensure the best price
- Maintain vendor and service provider relationships
- Remain acutely aware of market trends that could impact resource costs
- Keep up to date on new vendors and possible cost-cutting partnerships
- Analyze invoices to ensure correct products/services were received at the expected cost
- Collaborate with department heads to strategize ways to minimize waste
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency of cost drivers
- Understand the entire arc of the business and how productivity impacts profitability
- Commit to maximizing efficiency at all levels without compromising quality
- Develop and implement proactive solutions and cost-cutting measures
- Present new strategies and assessments to stakeholders in a compelling fashion
- Educate and persuade stakeholders to procure buy in and cooperation
- Roll out clear cost-saving programs with timelines and assessment goals
Competencies and Qualifications
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or relevant field strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in cost control
- Exceptionally well organized with an aptitude for data
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid networking and interpersonal skills
- Able to generate budgets and reports
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately
- Able to develop strong, cooperative relationships with department heads
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Preferred Education and Experience
Food and Beverage industry experience preferred.
V&E Restaurant Group consists of a team of international and industry professionals that successfully tie together traditional, lifestyle and nightlife concepts into one vision and turn it into a reality.
This brilliant group of creators is behind some of the most recognized and finest restaurants located in Miami Beach, Mexico and Las Vegas. Since 1985, V&E has demonstrated proven success and expertise. The group has owned or operated more than 30 successful restaurants across varied cuisines.
The most important element in V&E’s lifestyle concept is their focus on a unique 360-degree ambiance, ranging from music to decor. As art enthusiasts, all furniture, decor, lighting and gardening are handmade by artisans to ensure a unique feel that fits the identity of each of their restaurants. Each restaurant feels like a destination of its own.