- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
As a Not Your Average Joe’s Kitchen Manager, you will provide leadership at restaurant level and manage the day-to-day operations of the kitchen operations in the restaurant. The Heart of House team will rely on you for direction and development and come to see you as an example of Not Your Average Joe’s quality standards, operating systems, procedure, philosophies, and culture.
What you will do:
- Teach and coach Hourly team on maintaining Not Your Average Joe’s standards for Service, Food and Beverage.
- Actively monitor food quality to ensure adherence with Not Your Average Joe’s standards. Provide timely feedback to Hourly staff, and lead action to correct any issues.
- Oversee the heart of the house on your shifts and ensure it is operating efficiently while maintaining food quality and sanitation standards.
- Ensure line checks and production are both completed in compliance with Not Your Average Joe’s systems and standards.
- Mentor and develop the HOH Hourly Staff to support the organization's talent pipeline and drive growth.
- Achieve business plan and goals through effective financial management.
- Maintain Full and properly trained staff to operate restaurant effectively.
- Ensure that all operations, recipe, specifications books, and training materials are current and maintained.
- Ensure building, equipment, furniture, and fixtures are in good repair, clean and maintained on a regular basis.
What we need from you:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as KM in a similar restaurant concept.
- Demonstrated track record of strong leadership and ability to lead high performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve positive financial results.
- Is genuinely hospitable, warm, sensitive, and polite to our Guests.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/listening/communication skills. Excellent problem resolution/Guest recovery skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Remains positive and calm under stressful conditions.
- High-level organizational skills.
- Experienced and proficient in the use of basic computer technology (i.e., POS systems, Microsoft Office programs, etc.).
- Commits to professional and personal self-development.
Perks of the Job:
- Great pay and Bonus Opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Dining Card for Personal Use (during and outside of working hours!)
- Health Benefits
- LIfe Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Medical Spending Account
- Growth Opportunities
A Not Your Average Joe’s Kitchen Manager is responsible for serving our guests, our team and Not Your Average Joe’s with unparalleled hospitality to create unforgettable guest and team member experiences every day! If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Restaurants aren't meant to be average! Stephen Silverstein opened the first Not Your Average Joe’s in pursuit of the uncommon. In 1994, he worked to give his hometown of Dartmouth, Massachusetts a unique neighborhood place with great food and better company.
Today, we have 23 restaurants spread throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland. We’re building incredible spaces with every nail, and striving to be better with every opening. In doing this, we’ve created a culture where our people are our foundation – making the sky the limit where we go next.