- $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
The right candidate for this position will provide friendly and excellent service to every guest as well as execute tasks such as maintaining stocks, changing kegs, collecting empty glasses, maintaining a clean premises, ensuring there is plenty of clean glassware, and re-stocking ice. The bar back will be a crucial element to the success of the bar program. This candidate assists the bartending team with organization of product, maintaining cleanliness standards at the bar and upholding high standards of service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Welcome each guests personally.
- Responsible for restocking the wine and beer fridge every night (can go together with the restocking of the freezer
- Wash and polish all bar glassware and tools used to create cocktails (jiggers, pour spouts, strainers, cocktail tins etc)
- Responsible for emptying and replacing dish bins and trash cans as needed
- Ensure that bar freezer is stocked with proper levels of glassware and rocks ice
- Assist and support bartenders in keeping bar clean and organized
- Cleans and wipes down lounge area tables and bar top
- Stocks bar in accordance with proper levels of product and supplies as needed
- Assist in cutting fruit garnishes to maintain necessary par levels
- Replaces and rotates draught beer kegs and soda as needed
- Maintains par stock levels of wine, champagne, beer, liquor, non-alcoholic and pershables at start of shift
- Fills juices and batched cocktails as needed
- Assists bartender with opening and/or closing duties
- Restock spirits and wine from liquor storage as needed
- Prepare specility prep and garnishes as needed
- Responsible for the organization and proper storage of all liquor/ mixer storage locations both in the FOH and BOH.
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
- To follow all company/bar safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Minimum of two years of experience as barback
- High school diploma
- 21 year of age or older
- Food Handlers permit required
- TIPS certification required
- Basic knowledge ar ingredients, garnishes, and juices
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must possess a passion for innovation and trends within the industry
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
- Identify and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to take directions and be a team player.
- Multi-task oriented
- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is quiet to moderate.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE AMERICA
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities. Plan Do See has been honored with a top 3 spot on the list of The Best Workplaces in Japan recognized for its dedication to sustain high-trust cultures for their employees.