- $15.25 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The Waterfront Venice is looking to expand his team. We are looking for a 4 fixed days a week - 8 hours shift person to help in the maintenance of the property. You will be working AM shift on saturdays and sundays and PM shifts on mondays and tuesdays. You will get above minimum wage + tips. We are a very busy establishment and are looking for somebody who wants to grow with us on the long term!
Position is available right away!!
- Ensuring spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpets
- Washing and sanitizing toilets, sinks and restocking disposables
We are looking for a responsible custodian to maintain and protect our facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian, or janitor, to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises, as well as preventing vandalism.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Maintain outer premises
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)
- Report major damages and oversee repairs
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
- Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Familiarity with basic handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Very good physical condition and strength