Assistant Pre Production Manager
- $35K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
We are hiring a Pre-Production Assistant Manager to start immediately full-time in our Fort
Lauderdale based office. Potential candidates should be knowledgeable about sample making
process, technical flats, pattern making, size grading, and all other pre-production operations. The
position’s overall purpose is to be able to work under Pre Production and Production Manager to
ensure quality and fit through-out design and production process as we strive to continuously perfect
fit. The main function of APPM is managing the Quality Control of finished goods and direct
materials as well as managing the interns. The candidate should be extremely organized, detail
oriented, with natural entrepreneurial skills and possess a natural understanding of the big picture in
terms of our quality standards vs. economic limits of scrutiny.
- Manage Quality Control process
- Manage relationship with one of our main contractors
- Track and update pattern library and charts to match all updates and edits along the way.
- Manage interns
- Help create tech packs, measure for specs
- Sit in on meetings and notate fit/edits
- Be open to testfit to learn the fit of the brand
- Serve as a liaison when the designer is not present
- Relay all notes to contracted seamstresses and should be able to make suggestions to help correct
patterns or grading.
- Assist fit meetings with sales associates for continuous feedback
- Degree in Fashion/Garment Design or Production
- Should have 1 year minimum experience in fashion production
- Be able to understand patterns, grading and fit.
- Work in fast paced environment with hard deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Team oriented
- Strong entrepreneurial and management skills
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in swimwear
- Experience in active wear
- Photoshop illustrator
Job Type: Full-time
About Montce Swim:
Passionate about what we do! We work very hard, and are determined to grow the brand. We are a young small/mid sized swim line with two brick and mortar retail locations (LA & Ft Lauderdale), e-comm, and various global wholesale accounts. Because the brand is growing very fast and we are a small team, everyone needs to work efficiently and be a self-starter. We have plans to the grow the line to include active wear, as well as add additional locations.