- $25.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
***Sushi Azabu is a non-tipping restaurant, Hospitality Included***
The Server leads restaurant guest interaction throughout the dining experience and ensures that all guests have the highest quality dining experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with Standards of Service, including menu recommendations and upselling
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages
- Maintain knowledge of current food/drink choices, specialties, origin, taste and preparation methods.
- Serve food courses appropriately and alcoholic beverages to guests, answer questions on menu selections
- Detail tables throughout restaurant, ensuring proper placement of napkins, utensils, and condiments are appropriately ready
- Clear and reset table at the end of each course
- Responsible for communicating guest orders to kitchen, including any special needs or requests (allergies)
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable)
- Thanks guests’ and kindly invites them back for future dining
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise
- Be ready and willing to assist service assistants with clearing and resetting tables
- Inform the managers of supplies that need to be requisitioned
- Complete assigned daily side duties, to accommodate business needs
- Clean and organizes side stations and surrounding areas as necessary
- Maintain positive and effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- To follow all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions
- Present a professional appearance and in uniform at all times
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description may be changed at any time
- Minimum 2 years experience as server in a fine dining establishment
- 4 or 5 star dining background, knowledge and ability to implement such service standards
- High School diploma
- Valid NY Food Handler’s Card
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
- Basic math skills, ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, kitchen staff, and team members)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Guest service oriented and possesses commitment to quality service
- Have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Constant walking with some standing
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- Generally, in an indoor setting
- Will be utilizing POS system regularly
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
- The work environment is usually moderate to loud
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.