- $13.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
To manage, coordinate and record (or “book”) the catering activity of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementation of catering and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce Food & Beverage Sales, Banquet Catering/Banquet Sales, and Suite Sales.
- Solicits business in specific market segments as directed by Director of Catering.
- Schedules conventions and business group activities at the hotels.
- Maintains liaison with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the catering office and prospective clients.
- Maintains good rapport with area community and other local civic groups and companies.
- Develops and maintains files to include: chronological account files as directed, preparation of scheduled bookings, dissemination of event information to all appropriate departments, and record event information for catering system control purposes.
- develops, implements, and assists with catering, sales and marketing strategies, including development of relevant action plans.
- Assist with clerical work of the department; including customer correspondence, function sheets, event schedules, reports and special projects.
- Performs special projects and assignments as directed.
- Interface daily with kitchen and banquet departments regarding specific client needs.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Originate and carry out catering campaigns.
- Work well under pressure; sensitive to tight or short time requirements.
- Speak and write clearly and convincingly, and have excellent telephone skills.
- Have working knowledge of room set-ups, including audio/visual equipment.
- Have working knowledge of menu pricing and custom menu design.
- Work with all kinds of people.
- Plan the work of others.
Physical Demands: Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, or requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls, or requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
Reasoning, Mathematical and Language Development are indicative of the general level of development required to do this job. Some, but not necessarily all, areas mentioned in this section will be included in this job.
Reasoning Development: Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Mathematical Development: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss; commission, markups and selling price; ratio and proportion, and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights and measures.
Algebra: Calculate variables and formulas; monomials and polynomials; ration and proportion variables; and square roots and radicals.
Geometry: Calculate plane and solid figures; circumference, area, and volume. Understand kinds of angles, and properties of pairs of angles.
Language Development: Reading: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.
Writing: Write business letters, summaries, and reports, using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
Speaking: Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination of and/or reporting on events.
People: Negotiating: Exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tool, object or material.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job, or serving in other jobs.
ON-THE-Job, and over 2 years hospitality experience preferred, including meeting planning and word processing.
To do this job, you must have the following licenses or certifications before being hired:
To do this job, you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience: (If hiring someone into this position, this would be the minimum amount of experience and education that would be required in order for the incumbent to have a reasonable expectation for success.)
Associate’s Degree preferred, OR an equivalent level of education and experience.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by WCG, Inc. from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance / tardies will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Windsor Capital Group, Inc. rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.