Program Administrative Associate
- $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
The Program Administrative Associate provides specific administrative support to VRC and other programs as designated by VRC Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and compiles client information, such as financial forecasting, employment verification and verifying clients assets in order to remain in compliance with the San Diego Housing Commission’s Compliance Monitoring reporting quarterly, and annually.
- Keep up-to-date rent roll and effectively complete the Tenant Income Certification (TIC) per SDHC requirements for VRC phases’ I and II.
- Facilitates all aspects of the Cal Fresh program at VRC. Pre-qualify all residents and preparing income documents for each new case. Scheduling of biweekly appointments with the Health and Human Services, and clients biweekly. Manage and maintain all Cal Fresh and Medical actions and documents per each case. Facilitate monthly Cal Fresh debits for the finance department. Submit monthly and quarterly reports to the Health and Human Services.
- Manage monthly and daily MTS Compass Card issuance. Pre-qualify each resident for the Compass Card Program. Track the daily and weekly issuance and inventory of the MTS Day Pass Program and Monthly Compass Card Program. Manages the MTS “Live” spreadsheet, as well as updates information of the VRC participant’s usage and needs. Processes invoices from MTS by providing funding codes for the finance department in order to process month MTS invoices. Order new Day Pass Inventory monthly for VRC residents.
- Reconciles and separates urinalysis billing for all programs and provide funding codes for finance billing.
- Sets up and maintains files of information for the VRC Program Director and staff.
- Prepares correspondence and develops other routine reports
- Performs extensive Administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School diploma and at least 2 years’ prior administrative experience
- Knowledge of HMIS databases a plus!
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in challenging situations
- Able to change priorities at a moment’s notice
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.