Social Media Marketing & PR Intern
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The marketing and technology department for The JDK Group is seeking passionate and results-driven interns to assist with campaigns and upcoming marketing projects.
Desired candidate must have a deep knowledge of current practices and be educated in marketing, communications, journalism, business administration, or advertising.
We are hiring now and require a minimum of 24 hours a week over a 3 month period to participate in the internship program. Internships can be done for college credit if coordinated as such by the student/advisor.
Position Type: Part-time
Work Week: 24-hour minimum
Reports to: Brand Manager
- Research and write compelling content for blog posts, e-newsletters, marketing collateral, and social media posts.
- Maintain and grow the company’s presence on various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+
- Perform basic administrative duties, including presentations, errands, and project timelines for the marketing and events department
- Schedule, manage, and send email marketing messages, e-newsletters, and event invitations
- Develop creative PR campaigns and track media outreach and performance
Desired Skills & Experience
- Interest or background in marketing, PR, and/or social media
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills are a must
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills
- Creative and critical thinking is required
- Strong online search and research skills necessary
- Experience with present-day social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+)
- Familiar with the basics of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
If interested, please send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter.
Please include Blog, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest handle, and relevant social media profiles in your cover letter.
The JDK Group is an integrated event firm hosting a collection of event companies ( JDK Catering, Weddings by JDK, and Imagine Event Design ). Originally founded in 1987 as the premier provider of catering services in the Harrisburg area, the company has evolved their product line to meet the event needs of the greater Central Pennsylvania region. As a woman-owned business guided by the entrepreneurial spirit of Jennifer Delaye, the JDK team passionately produces award-winning events by the means of innovative food concepts, enchanting event design, strategic event execution plans, and a keen understanding to deliver a customer-focused experience.