Senior Director of Facilities
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Under general supervision from the President/CEO, the Director of Facilities will perform a variety of duties with regard to the planning, implementing, organizing, coordinating, and supervising staff in the overall functioning of all Glencrofts buildings including but not limited to multi-family housing, skilled nursing facility, commercial and corporate buildings. The Director of Facilities will also be responsible for all emergency planning and safety drills across the Glencroft campus. This is a working director position with responsibility for hands-on construction and remodeling and emergency planning and execution activities. The Director of Facilities has wide latitude for independent decisions and exercises discretionary judgment in the day-to-day activities of the department. The Director of Facilities may perform any or all of the job assignments of all personnel supervised and will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill and/or disabled persons. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Partners with Human Resources in completion of all administrative duties to include but not limited to; personnel action forms, annual evaluations, employee relation needs, incident reporting (employee and resident), interviewing, hiring, onboarding and training all staff members.
- Responsible for successfully completing at lease 20 hours of supervisor/management/leadership oriented training, with verification being the submittal of applicable documentation (which may include off-site education credit hours, CEU’s, etc.) to the Human Resources office to be included in the appropriate personnel file.
- Responsible for all assigned employee’s training, including in-services and mandatories, on a timely and compliant basis.
- Responsible for the provision of professional/constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring of assigned employees.
- Establishes and supervises a preventative maintenance program, work standards, performance reviews, and policies and procedures for the safety and cost-effectiveness maintenance of all buildings, grounds, equipment, and mechanical systems.
- Provides insight and recommendations to the President and Chief Executive Officer in developing and coordinating construction specifications; ensuring all building codes are met; maintaining communications between the facility, architects and contractors; and maintenance of necessary records of completed projects to include emergency preparedness and preparing, planning and execution of campus required emergency drills.
- Provides management oversight for all specifications for supplies, material and equipment; cost effective inventory levels; effective purchasing and distribution of supplies and materials for maintenance and environmental services.
- Prepares the annual department budget that is submitted to President/CEO and manages the approved budget not to exceed the allocated dollars.
- Contributes to meaningful flow of information and communications between staff and residents relating to maintenance and emergency preparedness and emergency planning.
- Promotes good interdepartmental and intradepartmental working relationships according to an organizational plan, which delineates responsibility and authority.
- Negotiates and evaluates all outside maintenance contracts.
- Participates in setting departmental performance standards, goals, policies and procedures.
- Oversight of all Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) record keeping, filing, and appropriate distribution.
Performs all other duties as assigned
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.