General Manager - Lounge
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Johnny’s West Adams is hiring a warm, outgoing, authentically amazing leader who is looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. The ideal candidate is experienced in creating an exceptional guest experience in a lounge environment that takes into account ambiance, service excellence, food and beverage distinction, and team members.
Duties & Functions:
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations including floor management, team management, and the overall guest experience
- Cultivate a hospitable environment for employees & guests
- Ensure that guests are always welcomed in a warm & friendly manner
- Establish operating standards with an objective to achieve maximum guest satisfaction
- In cooperation with Owner and Beverage Consultant, implements strategy for operational excellence
- Ensure that all audio & Visual levels are correct in accordance with the brand
- Ensures that employees are maintaining and attempting to exceed their agreed level of operating performance at all times
- Ensures maintenance and cleanliness of interior and exterior of the property at all times
- Creates a positive, supportive environment for employees at all times
- Ensures that all operational systems and procedures are effective, efficient and in place for the operation of the venue
- Program and market to promote & grow the business
- Ensures that these systems and procedures are consistently applied throughout the venue by each employee
- Develop internal and external relationships and liaise with key areas to benefit the business
- Manage retention by hiring and motivating quality employees
- Train, coach, mentor, develop the team
- Oversees and directs the seamless running of day-to-day operations
- Supports the delivery of outstanding customer service while ensuring that all statutory requirements are met
- Is actively involved in the selection, development/performance and separation of all venue employees
- Communicates on a regular basis with ownership regarding venue operations and performance
- Posts all schedules in a timely manner in accordance with efficient management of staffing levels based on anticipated business levels
- Maintains employee morale, addressing any and all issues with care and efficiency
- Act as an ambassador for the brand and company by maintaining the highest level of honesty, integrity, ethical and moral conduct
- Respond to guest inquiries, concerns, and complaints and act accordingly to resolve in a timely manner
- Ensure products are available and effectively merchandised
- Conscientiously strive to meet or exceed profitability goals through understanding how to achieve increased sales while managing expenses
- Monitor the effectiveness of inventory and cash controls procedures
- Continually monitoring and growing the operations
- Communicate effectively to provide clear direction to the venue teams
- Communicate with employees & guests using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy lounge activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other personnel and venue staff as needed
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities
- A gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures in a lounge is required
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of five (5+) years of luxury Restaurant/Lounge Management experience.
- Must have flexibility and be adaptable to all types of changes
- Previous experience recruiting, developing and managing multiple types of personalities is required
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: POS, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines will be explained to you as a part of the onboarding process.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
Job Type: Full-time