- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Scantibodies Biologics whose mission is to help patients and save lives through better diagnostic and therapeutic products is currently seeking a Part-Time Physician to work 8 to 16 hours per week.
The Center Physician is responsible for ensuring donor suitability, product integrity, and compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Scantibodies Biologics, Inc. Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Center Physician must be qualified to manage and direct the Physician Substitutes (Registered Nurses), determine donor suitability, counsel unacceptable donors, and respond to donor reactions.
Essential Duties: · Perform physical exams and review test results to determine donor suitability · Train and supervise Physician Substitutes (Registered Nurses) · Evaluate and approve qualified Physician substitutes who have completed the Train the Trainer Program to be a designated trainer. · Respond to donor reactions and emergencies.
Job Specifications: The Center Physician would determine donor suitability and safety by:
- Taking donor medical histories and determine suitability in accordance with SOP, governmental regulations, and personal education and experience.
- Review and discuss informed consents with donors including an explanation of the plasmapheresis procedure, its potential hazards and potential adverse reactions.
- Perform physical examinations on new and return donors and review accumulated data in a timely manner to confirm established donor suitability.
- Answer and discuss any donor questions and ensure the donor is given a clear opportunity to refuse participation.
- Supervises and provides for the immediate needs of donors experience an acute, untoward reaction to plasmapheresis and completes appropriate paperwork.
The Center Physician would observe donors and review test results:
- Provide appropriate and confidential counseling to unacceptable donors.
- Review test results for any unusual, abnormal or elevated test results and non-routine situations.
- Post 4 month lab review with normal results and 21 day chart reviews in DMS.
The Center Physician would maintain donor center compliance:
- Maintain the donor centers emergency medical supplies in accordance with SOP.
- Review charts for accuracy.
- Participates in center leadership meetings and contributes to continuous improvement projects within the center.
- If also fulfilling Laboratory Director position: Center Physician would supervise testing personnel, review procedures and proficiency testing, review corrective and preventive actions for laboratory deviations and ensure laboratory maintains compliance (see Laboratory Director job description for further responsibilities).
Working Conditions/Physical & Mental Demands: · Environmentally controlled office and lab areas of donor center. · Fast-paced. · Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods for up to four hours at a time. · Ability to tug, lift and pull up to twenty-five pounds. · Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens. · Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. · Physical ability to perform CPR and sufficient mobility to immediately assist in any adverse donor reactions. · Ability to operate computer software including keyboard and calculator.
Supervision of Others: · Direct and indirect supervision of Physician Substitutes. · If designated as Laboratory Director, direct and indirect supervision of donor center testing personnel.
Requirements: · Degree of Doctor Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) · Current and active medical license
To apply: Please submit resume/CV with hourly requirements.
Our Goal at Scantibodies is to see that each Patient receives the Most Accurate Result, using the Most Accurate Guide,so that they may receive the Most Accurate Treatment. Because at Scantibodies it is all about the Patient ...At Scantibodies, we believe that being your contract manufacturer is more than just an account. It is about trust and accountability. It is about taking your prototype to production for market readiness or making your current process more cost effective by using lean manufacturing concepts. Those are just a few of the many attributes that have made us a leader in contract manufacturing.