Host / Hostess
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Courteously greeting, escorting and seating guests at their table.
- Graciously had off and introduce guests to servers.
- Take reservations and maintain reservation book.
- Assist Manager on duty with their needs.
- Politely acknowledge, greet and seat customers according to the standards of the house.
- Maintain knowledge of current and future reservations and special needs of the customers.
- Have knowledge of daily specials and permanent menu items.
- Suggest and sell cookbooks.
- Prepare station chart and assign with the managers approval servers/bussers to their stations.
- Inspect dining room, rest rooms and back areas frequently to assure standards are maintained, including lighting and appropriate music volume .
- Great verbal skills and a courteous, friendly manner.
- Good written and organizational skills.
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be calm and pleasant under stressful situations.
- Impeccable personal grooming.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Knowledge of Open Table preferred.
- Meal plan/free food
- Health insurance for all full time employees
- 401k and vacation pay for all employees after 1 year
- 25% off health club membership
- Sick pay
We are a non smoking company.
For more than 22 years, Chef Lisa Dahl has pioneered the culinary scene in Sedona, Ariz. as the executive chef and owner of four amazing restaurants in Northern Arizona's red rock country. Dahl & Di Luca Ristorante Italiano, Cucina Rustica, Pisa Lisa and the newest, most buzzed-about addition, Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill have earned international acclaim.
Dahl was the first to introduce fine dining to the small town of Sedona in the late ‘90s, and she remains the largest restaurateur in the area with accolades spanning the culinary spectrum. In recent years, she is widely credited for Sedona's emergence as a national "foodie destination." Along with being a self-taught chef and successful restaurateur, Dahl is also a best-selling cookbook author and designer, having designed the interiors of each of her restaurants.
She lives by her mantra, “when you cook with love, you feed the soul” and believes that flavors should never be overworked, food should speak for itself and only the best ingredients should prevail.
After shedding her life in the Bay Area and a career in the fashion industry following a family tragedy and the loss of her son Justin, Dahl sought healing and moved to Sedona, a town famous for its healing powers, spiritual energy, and fabled vortexes. Once there, she unearthed a passion for cooking, one she and Justin shared, and a new-found love of fostering memorable dining experiences with simple, fresh and uncomplicated dishes as the centerpiece.
Today, Dahl Restaurant Group welcomes more than 400,000 guests per year across all four restaurants and employs close to 250 people, many of whom have been with the company for 15 years.
Dahl has been a twice featured chef at the James Beard House in New York City. She has sold more than 16,000 copies of her award-winning cookbook, The Elixir of Life. Most recently she beat Arizona's top male chefs for the title of "Burger Battle Champion" in Scottsdale, Ariz., thus qualifying for the 2018 World Food Championships reprising her 2016 win.