- $14.25 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
As a Cupcake Kitchen Associate at Sprinkles, you will contribute to the Sprinkles success by baking and frosting all cupcakes and ensuring proper rotation of product. Your sweet spot is working in kitchens and you are your best when hustling through a busy day of baking thousands of cupcakes. Frosting on your shirt and batter splatters don’t get you down. In order to follow the Sprinkles recipes and standards to keep our customers happy, you must be detail oriented, have great commitment, and strong physical stamina. You must be extremely reliable and have the ability to work effortlessly in a team environment. You will also assist with overall cleanliness of the back of house (BOH). Ultimately you will be responsible for baking all cupcakes, cookies and other baked goods needed for the business day from pre-orders, same day orders, and walk in customers. Therefore, you are crucial to a successful day of business! Without you, there would be no Sprinkles.
- Act as a company ambassador and embody the Sprinkles values: world’s best product, exceptional customer service, innovation, community, cleanliness, and great place to work.
- Follow printed bake sheet to ensure correct flavors and quantities are being baked. This is where your keen attention to detail will aid in your long term success at Sprinkles.
- Log correct bake times and oven racks on daily bake record.
- Ensure cupcakes are being baked to Sprinkles specifications and standards. Excellence and consistency are part of what makes Sprinkles special.
- We believe our customers should receive the highest quality which means using the freshest ingredients. Follow the FIFO method (first in/first out) when pulling cake batters.
- Clean and line all baking pans.
- Maintain clean ovens and baking areas in the kitchen.
- Assist dishwashers and frosters with completing dish washing.
- Train in frosting cupcakes and production prep duties in order to help when needed.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Assist with all cleaning duties as stated on daily and weekly cleaning checklists.
- Report to work at the scheduled time for each shift and fulfill the job requirements for the duration of the shift or until relieved of all duties by a direct supervisor.
- An early bird or a night owl! Must be able to function, perform, and follow Sprinkles policies and standards under limited supervision if scheduled early morning opening shift or a late closing shift.
- Able to work well under pressure and at a consistent pace, even when you are timed to ensure you are baking up to speed.
- Able to communicate verbally and understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- All the other good things YOU would want in a co-worker.
- A passion and love of the Sprinkles product, brand, and experience.
- Necessary Food Handlers Certificate (store/city specific).
- Experience in the food industry is preferred.
- Good physical stamina and energy. You love being on your feet and can lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cupcake trays, cupcake batter and frosting and bags of boxed purchases. Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 60% of the time.
Sprinkles Cupcakes, The World's First Cupcake Bakery
Since we opened the world's first cupcake bakery in Beverly Hills, our freshly baked treats have inspired long lines of devoted Hollywood stars and serious epicureans alike. At Sprinkles, we enjoy coming to work every day. We think you will, too. We are committed to training, communication, career development, great benefits and a fun, inclusive culture. Putting purpose before profits, these principles guide our business with heart and soul. Here at Sprinkles, you will be surrounded by a family of people who have a genuine interest in you as a person.