Software Support Technician / Technical Support
- $15.00 - $20.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Health Insurance
- Employer Likely to Respond
Can people always hear the smile in your voice? Does a happy user give you a good feeling?
XDR Radiology is a leading provider of digital radiography software and hardware for dental professionals nationwide, focusing on delivering easy to understand solutions. Our customers love us, thanks to hard work, dedication to scientific smarts, and most importantly, our respectful approach. We treat each other like human beings because we know that working with great people is as important as working with a great product.
We are looking to fill a non-permanent position (expected duration is about 12 months) for a Software Support Technician in our West LA office to provide technical support to our growing customer base, both over the phone and via remote control of customer computers. The prime requirements are technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems and networking *and* interpersonal competence to make customers feel comforted and valued. You should be smart, nice, and dedicated to perfect implementation. Experience working with dental offices is a big plus, but not required.
Here are the duties, in decreasing order of importance:
• Customer Handholding
• Software Installation
• Usage Help
• Workstation Re-Installation
• Software Upgrades
• License Activation
• Support Recordkeeping
• Availability Monday-Friday day-shift
• Must be able to work *on-site* at the Los Angeles main office, preference given to local hires
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and local area networking
• Customer service attitude and approach
• Excellent communication skills -- oral and written
• Analytic skills, especially with insufficient information
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes
• Sense of humor
• A paragraph describing the trickiest customer support issue you've handled and how you went about resolving it. (Cover letters are good, too, but not a substitute.)
• 401(k) with profit sharing contributions
• Free snacks, catered pay day lunches, excellent area restaurants
• Company-provided parking
XDR Radiology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
XDR Radiology will consider for employment all qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.