Program Leader- After-school Program
- $13.00 - $13.50 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
I.C.E.S. Education is seeking enthusiastic candidates who have the ability to work with, manage, and actively supervise a group of 20 or more elementary and/or middle school students. We are looking for individuals who specialize in the following areas:
- STEM (science, technology, engineering, math)
- Performing Arts (cheer, dance, theater)
- Visual Arts (crafts, painting, film making)
- Sports (soccer, basketball, football, volleyball)
Hours and Scheduling: Monday to Friday. Hours range between 2pm – 6:40pm (3-4 hrs. max per school day)
Reports to:Site Director
Start Date:August 2019
General Role: Under the direction of the Site Director, Program Leaders work directly with an assigned class of approximately 20 students at a school site. Program Leaders act as a positive adult role model, coach and mentor to the students. A Program Leader must maintain consistent supervision and active involvement with students at all times. A program Leader ensures the safety of the students while following a prescribed program plan. Some of the tasks are outlined below but are not limited to:
- Develop engaging lesson plans
- Provide homework assistance, academic enrichment and physical activity
- Create an inviting environment that fosters a sense of belonging
- Support students in making positive behavioral choices
- Identify student needs and communicate to Site Director, school authority and parents
- Ensure student safety by assisting in set up, break down and ongoing site maintenance in an effort to keep the school or community clean and orderly for the students
- Ability to work collaboratively with all staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum six months experience working with a group of 10 or more students in a classroom, after-school, or recreational environment
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Required
- Ideal candidates will have completed a minimum of 48 core College/University Units (Child Development units a plus!) – or pass the District test.
- Commit to a full school year
- Must be VOCAL and able to interact with children of all ages and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Ability to speak and write standard English appropriate for a public school setting
- Must pass Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting)
- Must pass TB test
- Must have reliable transportation
To provide quality after-school programming to all stakeholders through innovative practices by providing and Inspiring, Caring, Exciting and Stimulating education.
I.C.E.S. Education after-school programs exist to serve the unique academic, physical and social needs of students who are in a special and critical period of their lives as they change from childhood to adolescence.
All aspects of the ICES Education organization, curricular, and enrichment programs are child-centered and designed to accommodate individual learning styles. Our team joins the parents and community to assist the students in developing necessary skills to become independent and self-sufficient adults who will succeed and contribute responsibly in a global community.