WEDDINGS Captain-Coordinator-Sales Administrator
- $15.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
Are you a natural born leader?
Do you thrive in an environment where everyone is having fun?
Are you polite, professional and passionate about fantastic guest service?
If your answer is yes, we may be a match for you!
Wedgewood Weddings is looking to expand our team of Captain-Coordinator-Sales Administrator, servicing weddings ceremonies & receptions, social and corporate events and more!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Captain-Coordinator-Sales-Administrator (CCSA) position is a combination of roles designed to support the sales and execution of events and weddings at our venues. In this role the tasks, duties and responsibilities of the CCSA will be varied. The CCSA’s time is divided between working as a Banquet Captain, Event Coordinator and Sales Administration Assistant. As is typical in the hospitality industry, this position requires availability to work evening, weekend and holiday shifts and overtime hours.
Remember, we work when our clients and guests play, so weekend availability is needed.
Our Captain-Coordinator Sales-Administrators have:
- a passion for weddings, events and HOSPITALITY!
- tremendous interpersonal skills (Verbal/Written/Listening/Presentation)
- insanely strong organizational and time management skills
- a willingness to do "whatever it takes" to get the job done
- the ability to work a variety of shifts, weekends, evenings and holidays – hello, it’s hospitality!
- work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- can focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- finely honed skills be to graceful under pressure
- enjoy a respectful work environment and work cohesively with colleagues as part of a team
Job Duties Include
- Ensure all aspects of banquet set-up, execution and teardown are performed to WW standards and in accordance w/ details of Banquet Event Order (BEO)
- Ensure the consistent delivery of all WW service standards
- Oversee and direct all banquet staff
- For weddings, ensure that brides and grooms are particularly well cared for
- Address and resolve any guest, employee or facility issues as they arise
- Observe sales processes as is feasible while performing Banquet Captain and/or Wedding Coordinator tasks
- Attend weekly BEO meeting
- Perform administrative tasks and sales-related projects as assigned by GM and/or Catering Sales Director/s (e.g., email follow-ups, file, schedule appointments, thank you notes, etc.)
- Function strictly as a wedding coordinator or in the dual role of wedding coordinator-banquet captain depending on the size/scale of event and business demands
- Confirm arrival of all vendors, including non-WW, at/before scheduled arrival times. Take corrective action as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
At Wedgewood, we foster and celebrate diversity, respect, teamwork and exceptional guest service. Are you our next Wedgie? Please apply ASAP via Workpop. We are interviewing right away!
At the Boulder Creek location, we do 230 weddings a year with 50 non-wedding events as well, partnered with some of the highest customer satisfaction scores in the industry. We thrive in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on having fun! We take pride in our amazing team as well as having a great work culture.
At Wedgewood, we are committed to being a great place to work! From growth opportunities to our dynamic "Wedge" culture, we work hard to provide a foundation for building successful careers. To be one of us, you need to have these building blocks:
- Fiery passion for success in the wedding/event industry
- Devotion to hospitality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flawless communication skills
Our ultimate goal is to deliver the best value, service and convenience (or, our trademark Valservenience™) to every client, every time. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people in the industry who share our philosophy. Our company culture fosters diversity, teamwork, brilliant guest service and individual accountability. Would you like to join us? We hope so!