- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
As a member of the pastry team, bakers will execute all tasks related to assembling, mixing, and finishing pastry and viennoiserie products for Tartine Bianco and delivering these items for service while adhering to the The Manufactory vision, culture, and team values.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of THE MANUFACTORY.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values, and mission of The MANUFACTORY.
- Contribute to create a culture and work environment based on respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow, and develop their abilities
- Arrive to the kitchen floor ready to work at the time of the start of shift (change before shift).
- Understand all aspects of the pastry, viennoiserie, and ice cream menus developed by the pastry management team and how to execute each component
- Understand the quality of product expected by The MANUFACTORY and how to edit product that is not to that standard
- Works cleanly, ensuring that every station is cleaned after every project executed
- Execute recipe processes and techniques developed by the pastry management team to ensure consistency and quality
- Write prep lists to ensure that all components of pastry items are delivered for service in a timely manner and that the next day’s shift is set up with product to execute their day. Communicates with following day’s shift on amounts of product.
- Execute pastry menus developed by the pastry management team.
- Own the stations that they are working each day.
- Assist other pastry team members when needed.
- Clean all equipment and workspaces following specific cleaning procedures set forth by pastry management
- Communicates with all team members respectfully and professionally - use “we” instead of “I”
- Maximize efficiency in all areas of production and execute proper time management during shifts
- Work gracefully in a fast-paced, high-volume workplace
- Work in a thoughtful manner when executing any and all tasks
- Ask for help when it is needed.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma, formal culinary education is preferred, but not required.
- A current California Food Handlers Certificate
- A minimum of 1 years' experience in kitchen preparation.
- Be able to communicate and understand English & a reasonable amount of Spanish.
- Effective oral communication skills and the ability to work as a team player.
- Must be well groomed, maintain proper hygiene, good posture, and have required uniform and tools.
- Must display the ethical and professional standards set forth by Tartine.
- Possess excellent basic math skills.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 8 hours a day).
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 40 pounds
- Stamina and availability to work at least 40 hours per week, including weekends and some holidays.
Hourly (based on experience)