This is a temporary, non-benefit based position with an estimated assignment end date of June 10, 2018.
The Restaurant Server is an engaging and enthusiastic ambassador for the restaurant, intuiting the guest’s appetites through verbal and non-verbal cues, makes recommendations and sells any item on the menu to even the most reluctant palate. You will be working in close collaboration with colleagues. The Restaurant Server works accurately efficiently, expertly prioritizes and works to exceed guest expectations.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or 2+ years’ experience in upscale/fine dining restaurant
· Must be able to work a varied hourly work schedule inlcuding evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate intersession and summer conference business.
· Food Handlers Card Required
· TIPS certification
· Attend USD / La Gran Terraza required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance required by scheduling.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
The employee will frequently walk; stand; crouch; bend; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
The employee must wear goggles and gloves when using chemicals and observe proper food handling techniques. The employee must able to stand for long periods of time.
· Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Please visit https://www.lagranterraza.com/
We are passionate about the food we provide each day. Our team includes staff who have been serving USD for over 30 years; chefs trained at world-renowned schools such as the Culinary Institute of America and Johnson & Wales, and a management team that is dedicated to creating enjoyable meals and services for each and every customer.
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.