Director of Operations
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
Responsible for the Front Office, Housekeeping, and any other departments’ operations as assigned by the GM, maintaining product and service qualities to the established operational standards, and to maximize the revenue and profit of the hotel.
- Ensure guest satisfaction through quality products and high levels of customer service. Regular interaction with guests to receive comments and handle complaints. Regular inspections of all areas to ensure quality standards are being achieved.
- Ensure associate engagement and retention through proper selection, training, and employee development. Maintain a work atmosphere conducive to high levels of productivity and performance.
- Meet or exceed financial objectives of the hotel. Assist in development of the budget, revenue strategies, and ensure implementation. Proactive management of expenses through accurate forecasting and utilization of labor and other expense controls. Ensure productivity and efficiency of departments through proper supply inventory management and job engineering.
- Develop short term and long term operational plans to meet the financial objectives of the hotel.
- Ensure all brand standards and WCG guidelines are adhered to in all departments, resulting in quality assurance inspections and internal audit scores at expectations for the hotel.
- Ensures proper use and maintenance of all systems, including computer systems, fire and life safety systems, and all equipment. Oversee preventative maintenance and cleaning processes to ensure facilities are maintained to the established expectations.
- Actively promote an atmosphere of safety and security by following established programs, to ensure the safety and well being of our guests and associates.
- Ensures all WCG policies and procedures are followed.
- Be familiar with and maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
Actively participate in guest interaction and problem resolution to ensure guest satisfaction
Monitor existing brand standards for compliance and implement new brand standards in a timely manner
Interview, select and train associates
Direct the work of associates
Appraise associates’ productivity
Handle associate complaints
Plan the work
Determine the techniques to be used
Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and supplies
Skills and Abilities:
Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts.
Make business decisions based on your own experience and personal opinion.
Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
Plan and organize the work of others.
Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Speak and write clearly.
Accept the full responsibility for managing an activity.
WCG offers many benefits including:
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- EAP, Hotel Discounts
- LifeMart Discounts.
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.