Sous-Chef/Assistant BOH manager
- $16.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
GREAT FOOOD - GREAT PEOPLE - GREAT BEER - GREAT FUN
Southern California's most awesome restaurant, brewing, and pub group needs an experienced, energetic, and professional Sous-Chef for our busy new location in the heart of the action. The ideal candidate is a leader who will thrive in a positive, high volume, and teamwork-based work environment.
Position Summary: Help hire, train, and manage a team of pros to make consistent, delicious, satisfying food to delight our guests. Give menu input. Oversee kitchen costs, ordering, inventory, food timing and quality, and staff activities in a busy casual dining venue.
- Oversee prep, run the line, and ensure standards are met
- Make outstanding, appealing food, delivering it timely and accurately
- Help control costs including food cost and payroll
- Help train and supervise staff
- Work closely with FOH and BOH teams to make guests' experience top-notch
- Ensure that safety, sanitation, and presentation standards are met
- Recommend and develop menu items, specials, etc
- Multi-task like a boss
Qualifications/Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Strong understanding of kitchen operations
- Solid cooking and culinary knowledge and ability
- Comfort with common computer applications
- Understanding of COGS, inventory, and scheduling
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some experience with special diets (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free) a plus but not required
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory role, AND 2-3 years experience cooking in a busy venue (can be the same job, like three years as a kitchen leader)
- Valid California Food Handler's Certificate
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All job offers are contingent on a successful background screening
6th and La Brea is a neighborhood brew pub in the heart of Mid-City. We have a casual, "California fun" vibe, from our dual shuffleboard tables to our 90 seat patio stocked with lawn games. We serve delicious food that pairs great with our award winning beer we make on-site. We also offer a full bar with craft cocktails and wine. Our menu has something for everyone - from a huge range of vegan friendly options to burgers and wings.