Jr. Sous Chef
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Wolfgang Puck is opening his celebrated Bar & Grill restaurant in Disney Springs in October.
We are seeking to hire experienced, talented Jr. Sous Chef to join the team. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, is passionate about the food and beverage industry and enjoys working with people.
Job Summary: The Jr. Sous Chef assist with the daily operation of assigned kitchen(s). Provides direction to line employees to improve the operations of the department. Assists with food production as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Encourages and motivates employees
- Be accessible and available to employees
- Consistently demonstrate excellent people skills when dealing with employees and guests
- Assist with administering, coordinating and distributing information to all kitchen employees.
- Maintain accurate paperwork for scheduling, payroll and employee records
- Provide Human Resources with the necessary information to keep personnel files current
- Observe employee performance in assigned kitchen(s)
- Ensure employees adhere to established policies and procedures
- Provide feedback to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef for the preparation of kitchen employee performance reviews
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness and quality physical appearance of each kitchen.
- Ensure a neat, clean and safe working environment
- Organize and maintain food storage, rotation and utilization
- Ensure guest satisfaction (i.e. food quality, production, presentation) and resolve guest complaints
- Taste and review food products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
- Demonstrate to Line staff how to properly prepare menu items
- Demonstrate to Prep staff and Butchers how to properly prepare and store food items
- Direct and oversee the daily activities of assigned kitchen(s) which could include:
- Main Kitchen
- Prep or Appetizer kitchen
- Butcher Shop
- Garde Manger * Conduct daily inspections of assigned kitchen(s) and delegate job tasks and responsibilities throughout these kitchens
- Implements daily “special” menu at the direction of the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
- Identify and communicate suggestions to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef for policies and procedures to improve the operation
- Present needs of the department to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef
- Complete special projects as directed by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous chef
- Assist in the job duties and responsibilities of kitchen employees when business dictates
- Maintains established food par levels and accurate paperwork for inventory
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Culinary Diploma or two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years culinary experience in a high-volume / highest quality (as judged by Executive Chef or Food and Beverage Director) fine dining operation
- Social Banquet experience a plus
- Well-rounded food background with extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment
- Computer skills helpful
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and math analyzation skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and requisitions.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to calculate and apply figures and amounts in recipe and labor costing and control
- Ability to follow delegation while providing technical and management troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated operational logical: multi-unit prioritizing skills
- Strong interpersonal staff relations and leadership skills
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.