Accounting and Payroll Clerk
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
To perform any combination of the following: calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts, using calculator or computer.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, and similar items.
- May type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, using typewriter or computer.
- May reconcile bank statements.
- Assists with payroll processing as needed.
- Enters timecard adjustments into the payroll system.
- Assists in payroll reconciliation.
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager.
Skills and Abilities:
Compute and record numbers correctly. Follow procedures for keeping records. Use eyes, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures in books and forms, or to operate a calculator or personal computer. Perform work that is routine and detailed.
Copy large quantities of numbers without error.
Physical Demands: Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
WCG offers many benefits including:
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- EAP, Hotel Discounts
- LifeMart Discounts.