Maitre'd, Host, Hostess
- $18.00 - $20.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Walrus Oyster and Ale House seeks a host for our National Harbor location!
In operation since September 2014, we break the corporate mold in our selection of staff. We celebrate individuality in appearance and demeanor, but require each of our team members to have a heart of hospitality. Creating a wonderful employee working experience is paramount to our culture. This ensures our associates will create the perfect experience for our guest.
Host will report to the Restaurant Manager. He /She will also work directly with the General Manager, Assistant General Manager and Principals of Star Restaurant Group. The key responsibilities will be to:
- Create a warm and inviting welcome for our guests and establish memorable first impressions.
Work with servers, bussers, back servers, and bartenders to create a seamless and memorable dining experience for our guests.
- Coordinate reservations, walk ins, and guest waits with guests preferences, seating capacity and server availability while maximizing table turns .
- Coordinate Open Table booking procedures, practices, and overall restaurant revenue management.
- Handle restaurant inquiries and other responsibilities typical of restaurant host as designated by restaurant management.
About Star Restaurant Group
Founded in 1998 with the nationally recognized and award winning Red Sage Restaurant, Star Restaurant Group is a Washington DC based restaurant concept, ownership, Management Company. We help owners of hotels, restaurants, commercial real estate, management companies, and developers create and maximize the value of their food and beverage real estate. Our passion is creating and executing a great guest and associate experience.
Join industry veterans, Kris Carr, Desmond Reilly, Stu Damon. Our culture will have the excitement and feel of a start up!