Prep Cook - Mornings Only
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
**Restaurant or Kitchen experience is required.
The Prep Person is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the prep area and food items. He / she must provide a positive, consistent leadership role model to hourly staff; ensuring total guest satisfaction.
- Immediately documents and reports repairs and maintenance issues.
- Positive interaction between service staff and other team members.
- Effective time management.
- Practices teamwork by communicating with and assisting all members of the restaurant team.
- Uses checklists to ensure proper set-up and close down of each shift.
- Follows all of the company’s specifications and procedures to ensure Perfect Food.
- Follows and uses all food safety procedures and logs.
- Follows all food rotation and re-stocking procedures using the FIFO (First In, First Out) method.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform all job responsibilities and accountabilities.
- The items listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school or college course work / restaurant experience and training, highly desired.
- Food safety certification recommended.
The Melting Pot is the nation's largest fondue restaurant franchise, and this unique, casual dining restaurant is now hiring energized team members who are ready to serve memories that last a lifetime.
At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable dining experience where guests can dip into something different – and discover all the ingredients to a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.
Are you ready for a change – are you excited about working in a one-of-a-kind, dining atmosphere? The Melting Pot is a restaurant that offers great pay, flexible schedules and a cool and comfortable working environment.
Come discover what makes The Melting Pot a unique dining experience… and an exceptional work environment.IMPORTANT NOTICE
If you need assistance in completing the application below, please contact a member of our management team. Applicants should be extremely careful as they complete this application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to eligible applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment.