PALISOCIETY | VICE PRESIDENT - HOTEL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
- Depends on experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
VICE PRESIDENT - DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
Paligroup Management, LLC is seeking a Vice President – Director of Business Development and Growth. This key role within the Company will spearhead the origination and execution of new hotel management contracts and potentially corresponding investment opportunities for the Company’s platform of brands across the US and in select international markets. The main objective of this role is to diligently deliver on the Company’s strategic growth plans, and to ensure hotel management and real estate investment opportunities are captured in a prompt, strategic, professional manner.
A successful candidate will have experience in hotel management contract development and strong business and financial acumen. The position will serve as a key brand representative, increasing the Company’s reputation and market presence. In order to best fit into Company culture, this individual must be bright, a team player, entrepreneurial and decisive. A sense of urgency in accomplishing objectives is vital.
- Proactively identify and develop relationships with relevant third parties including project developers, owners, lenders, architects, investors, brokers, and others whose market presence aligns with the Company’s strategic growth initiatives
- Source, qualify and execute upon opportunities that lead to the execution of hotel management agreements and investment opportunities that are aligned with the Company’s strategic growth initiatives
- Sustain and manage a consistent flow of new leads into the deal pipeline and maintain an active deal log
- Provide weekly communication to senior management on status and evaluation of deals in pipeline
- Develop a clear understanding of brand ethos and clearly articulate the overall brand mission and value proposition
- Become the “go-to” person for prospective owners and developers with potential projects for the portfolio
- Regularly attend industry conferences, and coordinate speaking roles at industry events for yourself and senior management
- Further develop go-to-market materials that convey the Company’s ethos and value proposition
- Oversee new deal underwriting function for the Company, and ensure that pro formas accurately reflect the related revenues and expenses of managed opportunities
- Analyze investment opportunities, market and financial information and prepare financial models (as needed), advising senior management on optimal deal and investment structures
- Develop a point of view on priority target markets based on understanding of local lodging market fundamentals, local alignment with Company target demographics, and barriers to market entry
- Compile and complete well-organized project files with appropriate approval forms, financial analysis, key documents and contracts and external and internal correspondence
- Actively participate in and advise on hotel management contract and technical services contract negotiation
- Research and monitor relevant industry trends and their potential impact on the market and the company
- 6 – 10 years of hospitality finance, investment, or development experience required
- Be highly self-motivated and capable of operating in a very dynamic environment
- Proven ability to effectively interface with senior management, third-party owners and partners
- Proven ability to read and understand financial statements and capital structures
- Experience with underwriting, market and financial analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication, computer, analytical and presentation skills
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to be self-sufficient and a self-starter and if necessary, to work in a remote office environment
- Be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, designs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Our mission is to enhance the lives of our guests and our communities by creating one-of-a-kind neighborhood-centric places filled with interesting people and friendly staff providing trusty service.
We are a Los Angeles based company, and we embody the Californian spirit into everything we do. With eleven hotels (Palihouse, Palihotel, and soft branded platforms) currently operating or under development spanning from Portland to Miami Beach, Paligroup is among one of the most sought after independent hotel operators in the country and the dominant name in Los Angeles boutique hospitality.