General Manager (Coach Operator)
- $62K - $75K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Dos Toros is looking for experienced General Managers (known to us as Coach Operators) to join our growing team!! The Coach Operator is responsible for overseeing the operations of a Dos Toros restaurant; coaching, leading and directing employees; managing administrative tasks such as accounting, paperwork, and payroll; and delivering an excellent guest experience while ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
The Coach Operator’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
General Management and Personnel Functions
- Trains, develops and coaches team members, including ensuring that every team member is on a development plan to grow within Dos Toros and that those plans are implemented and followed.
- Exercises discretion with respect to assigning responsibilities to team and ensures all shifts are covered in the restaurant always.
- Identifies and develops internal candidates for Kitchen Assistant Manager, Kitchen Manager, and Assistant Manager positions based on independent judgment.
- Conducts weekly meetings with management team.
- Completes the weekly schedule to District Manager by 5:00pm on Wednesday for approval, to be posted by Friday for the following week.
- Performs all administrative requirements and reports in a timely manner.
- Complies with all Federal and State labor laws and all Company policies and procedures.
- Treats team members with respect and regularly recognizes and rewards employees.
Operation and Financial
- Works with District Manager to develop sales goals and initiatives to drive sales.
- Monitors daily beverage inventory and weekly full inventory count.
- Monitors costs (including, but not limited to food, labor, controllables) and communicates variances to the District Manager.
- Works with District Manager to ensure that all budgets and financial projections are met.
- Maintains all equipment and performs necessary maintenance.
Food Safety and Guest Service
- Ensures that all recipes are followed and executed according to Company standards.
- Maintains all Board of Health standards, with the expectation of receiving the letter grade “A”.
- Maintains a positive brand image by ensuring restaurant cleanliness, maintenance and excellent service.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- The Coach Operator is expected to work a minimum of 50 hours, which includes one closing shift per week and one weekend shift per month. These expectations may be modified, with or without notice, to meet the demands of the business.
- This position may require up to 12 hours of prolonged standing, bending, lifting products and supplies up to 40 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Must be able to work in an office environment and operate office equipment.
- Safely operate kitchen equipment and supplies.
- Communicate effectively with guests and other employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance and in uniform always.
- Must be certified in all areas of the restaurant.
- Must have valid Food Handlers card, and any further certification as dictated by the City/State.
- Communicate in common language when at all possible, utilizing the use of any language(s), as may be required for the effective performance of the position.
- Must be able to communicate in the common language, both written and verbal.