Food Runner / Barback
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Socalo is a growing company with a small, tight knit group of dedicated individuals that are passionate about food, beverage, and service. We are looking for a dedicated, organized runner who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. Due to staffing needs, the runner is expected to work weekends, nights, and holidays. Above all, the runner will conduct themselves in a way reflecting the culture and philosophy of Socalo.
We are looking for a friendly, professional food runner to provide excellent customer service to our diners. The ideal candidate has above outstanding communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment while preparing tables, serving dishes, and facilitating collaboration between kitchen and staff.
- Deliver food orders to a variety of customers in a timely manner.
- Help the wait staff set up tables by placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils, decorations, and napkins.
- Uphold our food health safety and sanitation principles.
- Occasionally check on customers to handle any impromptu requests or issues.
- Remove dirty dishes from the table.
- Inform management on customer feedback.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a similar role.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification is preferred.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Ability to stay professional in a stressful work environment.
- Superb multitasking skills.
- Available to work different hours including weekends, days and nights.