- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Wolfgang Puck opened his celebrated Bar & Grill restaurant in Disney Springs.
We are seeking to hire experienced, talented Line Cooks to join the team. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, is passionate about the food and beverage industry and enjoys working with people.
To Apply: Please stop by the restaurant with your resume anytime between 2:30pm - 4:30pm to fill out an application:
Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill (Disney Springs)
1514 A. Buena Vista Dr.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Job Summary: The Line Cook will be responsible for preparing, cooking and garnishing various foods efficiently within the established “Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group” standards in every aspect
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain food storage and handling procedures
- Maintain food quality and nutritional standards
- Perform technical culinary food production, portion control, and service standards
- Follow production schedule
- Food preparation of meats/poultry/game/fish, vegetables, and fruits, to include:
- Washing, peeling, cutting and seeding vegetables and fruits
- Weighing and measuring ingredients
- Methods of combination: stirring, mixing, whipping, breading, etc.
- Cooking: steaming, sautéing, frying, baking, roasting, braising, boiling, poaching, broiling
- Maintain cooking temperature, product cooling and labeling
- Lifting and moving equipment to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station, equipment and
- Distribute supplies utensils, and portable equipment
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at work station to ensure a smooth service period
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish setup for all dishes
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience;(or) equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of food preparation and fine dining cooking
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced kitchen environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Conversational English vocabulary
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong team-minded approach to fellow-workers.
- Primary food quality work ethic
- Proficient knife skills and use of following equipment:
- Pasta Maker
- Tilting Steam Kettle
- Tilting Braising Skillet
- Pressureless Steamer
- Deep Fryer
- Mobile, Rotary and Convection Ovens
- Buffalo Chopper
- Electric Mixers
- Electric Slicers
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.