Windows SME (19-01962)
- $124K - $150K Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
Subject Matter Expert (Windows) - L4
Primary Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret Clearance
In coordination with the team of Windows System Administrators, architect and design the environment to automate processes to install, configure, and maintain Windows Operating Systems (OS). The successful candidate will be able to analyze and resolve problems associated with the operating system, hardware, architecture, applications, and software. They detect, diagnose, and report Windows related problems on servers. They must possess expertise with varied concepts, standard best business practices, and procedures and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. They are expected to perform a variety of tasks without supervision.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for the following services supported by the team in a multitenancy environment: Active Directory (AD), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Virtualized Machines in Hyper-V and VMware running Windows OS (Includes Virtual Desktops and Servers)
- Responsible for the security and management of Windows servers and desktops in non-production and production environments
- Solve complex integration and technical problems in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Work with other Systems Administrators, DBAs, and application developers to resolve various system issues
- Requires 24x7 on call support on a rotating basis
- Expert with design, installation and configuration of Windows operating systems and applications to include Server 2012R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 machines
- Expert with design, installation, configuration and management of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure to include Hyper-V
- Ability to architect and design an AD transformation to maximize the efficiency of the AD implementation,
- Expert in troubleshooting servers, workstations, and user experience issues with various COTS and Custom applications
- Expert with SCCM for software patch management in a multi-tenancy environment
- Knowledge and experience working with TOMCAT, McAfee, SolarWinds and NetBackup applications
- Ability to architect, develop, and maintain documentation reflecting the current operational environment and any future state operational environments
- Possess excellent communication and written skills
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification
- Experience with Perl/Shell Scripting
- Experience with SAN or Network storage setup/administration
- ITIL Certification
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 10 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 9 years of experience).
Active DoD Secret and DHS suitability
7 AM – 4 PM plus on-call/afterhours support as necessary.
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.