Cardiac Echo Tech
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
- Perform echocardiogram studies with good quality and accuracy, following ICAEL standards.
- Ability to obtain good quality measurements for the physician and the ability to recognize life threatening problems and alert the physician.
High School education or equivalent.
Minimum Work Experience
Experience: 1 year echo experience. On the job training acceptable.
Appropriate CPR Certification.
Respiratory therapy credentials (CRT or RRT) or registered or registry eligible echo tech.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Requires reading, writing and mathematical skills. .
- Must deal daily with physicians, other department supervisors and employees, outside service personnel and visitors in an effective manner.
- Must have visual/hearing acuity, and ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Prefer attendance or graduation from accredited school for ultrasound.
- Echo registry must be obtained within two years from hire date. (some arrangements may vary)
Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
Complies with all HIPAA standards.
Echo Tech Functions:
- Perform Echocardiograms (2D, Doppler, color-flow, M-mode) - Stress Echoes, Dobutamine stress echoes, and TEE’s
- Obtain measurements from studies and alert physicians as appropriate.
- Maintain all Echo spreadsheets and gather all information required for QA.
- Complete patient charging.
- Ability to work in other areas of Cardiopulmonary such as holter monitoring, stress testing, and EKG’s.
- Monitor patient’s vital signs and EKG.
- Maintain echo equipment and schedule PM’s when needed.
- Assist physicians in interpretations.
- Transportation of patients to and from procedure.
- Ability to perform testing on all age ranges of patients treated at HRMC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willing to consult and be consulted with other staff and physician in the proper performance and interpretation of tests or procedures.
- Updates patient information on EKG machine when available to keep log accurate. Has a good understanding of Heartstation and corrects prior to leaving shift.
- Willing to perform clerical, EKG's and other Cardiopulmonary duties as required for timely customer service.
- Is efficient in use of time to complete assigned duties of Echocardiographic tech.
- Strives to recognize and evaluate personal strengths and weaknesses; handles personal and professional frustrations appropriately.
- Consistently demonstrates an ability to assess situations, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action.
- Processes, performs and reports stats within reasonable time frames under normal circumstances.
- Responds to changes in work schedule as required, including holiday and week end coverage.
- Helps maintain and order supplies for Echocardiography.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize and set priorities.
- Shows good judgement in performance of job duties.
- Follows Cardiopulmonary and hospital policy and procedures when dealing with patients.
- Identifies possible problems and provides input for solutions, and follow through to resolution.
- Consistently uses tact and maintains a professional attitude when dealing with patients, staff and other employees.
- Demonstrates commitment to maintain a positive and effective working relationship with other hospital departments.
- Always maintains confidentiality in regard to patient information.
- Consistently performs duties and takes responsibility for activities in Echocardiography.
- Consistently reports to work at the scheduled time and is ready to work at the start of assigned shift.
- Does not excessively use hospital sick leave allowance.
- Attends to personal matters outside of work time to avoid productivity problems or conflicts.
- Consistently organizes and executes tasks and duties to maintain optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Consistently maintains a neat professional appearance.
- Has a thorough understanding Hospital Fire, Safety and Disaster plans.
- Consistently projects a positive caring image in patient and employee interactions.
- Consistently projects the hospitals positive, caring image in all patients, business and community interactions.
- Maintains Echo log sheets and insures that patient information is entered into Departments information system.
- Evaluates new test procedures, methods and instruments as needed for Echocardiography.
- Willing to work in other areas of Cardiopulmonary such as Holter monitoring, stress testing and EKG's.
- Actively utilize quality assurance studies to help improve cardiopulmonary services.
- Actively participate in quarterly echo conference.
- Attends conferences, in-services and classes to keep current with the trends in echocardiography, and to become proficient with pediatric studies.
When Performing EEGs:
- Files EEG patients’ reports and tracings. Completes necessary documentation for physicians and reports.
- Makes daily log documentation and notations. Enters appropriate patient charges in Meditech system.
- Knows how to respond to seizures or other bedside emergencies.
- Able to upgrade and trouble shoot digital EEG equipment.
- Confers with physicians about EEG tracings, patient cooperation and interpretation.
- Performs EEG testing in an accurate and professional manner.
- Retrieves old EEG traces for reference if requested. Assures both outpatient and inpatient EEGs are performed in a timely manner.
Would you like to have a positive influence on the lives of patients and families in Hunt County, Texas? With a career at Hunt Regional Healthcare, you’ll have that chance.
As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to live out our mission and vision through service-oriented care. Hunt Regional aims to be the preferred health care system in the communities and surrounding areas we serve. We do that through state-of-the-art technology, continually advancing service lines, and through providing a safe healing environment and outstanding patient experience for each individual we treat. Our values and quality care set our organization apart.
Hunt Regional Healthcare is proud to offer a competitive benefits package that is designed to work for you. If you're looking for premium healthcare coverage, you've come to the right organization.
Core benefits include:
- Medical benefits
- Dental & vision benefits
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary accidental death & dismemberment
- Life insurance
We also provide a robust supplementary benefits package, including:
- Prescription coverage
- Wellness perks
- Employee counseling
- Retirement packages
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation time off
- Generous sick leave allowance
- Other voluntary benefits