Director of Food & Beverage
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE AMERICA
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities.
Located in the heart of Washington D.C. Plan Do See Assistant General Manager would be working at The Eaton hotel which is a sanctuary for thought leaders and pioneers. It is a gathering place for the most dynamic neighborhood talent and progressive voices from all over the globe. Eaton provides the optimal conditions for change makers to be their best selves. Food & Beverage venues would include Kintsugi Café, Co-work Eaton House cafe, Allegory bar, In-Room Dining, American Son Restaurant, Wild Days Bar, and Banquet/Events.
The right candidate for this exceptional opportunity will be able to exhibit passion for excellence, flair for service, and lifestyle and possess a level of confidence in their sophistication and style.
Plan Do See Director of Food & Beverage in Washington D.C. provides strategic and operational leadership, guidance, and is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all property food and beverage operations, (Kintsugi Café, Co-work Eaton House cafe, Allegory bar, In-Room Dining, American Son Restaurant, Wild Days Bar, and Banquet/Events) while maintaining a profitable F&B department, high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; cost control, guest satisfaction, reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high while applying cutting edge technical food and beverage knowledge.
Plan Do See Director of Food & Beverage will be a critical element to the success of the operation. Leading the “front line” with the members and their guests. They will be responsible for training, developing, payroll and monitoring staff interaction with members. They are also responsible for upholding high standards of service and true hospitality as well as consistently infusing the staff with an “above and beyond” mentality. The Director of F&B will oversee all PDS outlets in the Eaton Hotel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Extremely Strong Opening Skills having opened multiple operations and concepts.
- Developing SOP's and standards for training
- Develop and implement a business strategy that will drive all combined outlet revenues for a minimum of $7-9M
- Strong leadership and communication skills - develop and provide timely reports on status of the business to ownership
- Balance operational responsibilities and PDS/Eaton meetings
- Operate all dining areas to Eaton/PDS specifications, upholding high standards, impeccable service and delivering a unique above and beyond mentality.
- Ensure service style and standards are met and guest expectations are exceeded.
- Identify customer needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns.
- Monitors guests and internal feedback and takes corrective action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Be proactive in developing innovative ideas to facilitate the continual delivery of exceptional quality product.
- Lead F&B team by training and appraising talented personnel and build team capability, knowledge and resources to meet short and long term business objectives
- Mentor, train and coach team members, oversee new hires, track team training and oversee staff in dining rooms, member common areas.
- Interviews, trains, supervises, encourage, mentor, coach, train, develop, and evaluates staffs.
- Works closely with local HR, Corp HR/Payroll to ensure accurate and timely payroll.
- Works closely with local HR and Corp HR to ensure all company policies/practices/procedures are followed & maintained.
- Hold all team members accountable for their areas of responsibility and clearly articulated expectations.
- Identify, customize and deliver individual member requirements.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments.
- Develop innovative solutions to enhance communication of guest and service information
- Trouble shoot in complex service situations
- Manage monthly food, beverage, labor expenses to the budget, minimizing expenses and overtime.
- Oversee the ordering and inventory control of foods and beverages, supplies, and ensure that paperwork is processed for bookkeeping and payment.
- Report on management regarding sales results and productivity.
- Act as a brand ambassador on property as well as other Stanton news.
- Continually strive for a better understanding and education on outlet/Stanton offerings, be they food, liquor or other beverage.
- Instrumental in attracting and retaining loyal guests through close working relations with the Eaton team and act as a liaison between the community and the operation.
- Accountability for P&L in the Food & Beverage Division
- Anticipate future member trends and align services offered in the Food & Beverage Division
- To follow all company/bar safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Comply with health, safety, and sanitation regulations, and alcohol awareness standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Job description may be changed at any time.
- Required at least 4-6 years recent experience as a GM or Director of Food & Beverage in a hotel or a related field.
- 4-year college degree in hospitality or related field.
- Must have opening restaurant/hotel experience as a GM or Director or Food & Beverage.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations, well versed in Washington D.C. labor laws.
- Must be able to speak, hear, understand, read, and write the English language.
- High school diploma.
- Unexpired Food Handler Card, Management Level.
- A general knowledge and understanding of Washington D.C. current events, cultural and culinary happenings.
- F&B Manager experience in luxury resort, hotel or upper casual/fine dining restaurant.
- Knowledge of training new hires and continuing education of current staff on food, wine and cocktail specifications.
- Experience with inventory and ordering of restaurant goods.
- Understanding of Department of labor standards.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Must have proven leadership skills and teambuilding skills.
- Must have a strong customer service aptitude.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Capable of analyzing business outcomes and scheduling appropriately.
- Conflict resolution sensibility, both with staff and guests.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant walking, sitting, and standing.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours or more).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop
- Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
- Members only community (More of one on one relationship with customers)
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.